12: Beautiful Mess

//♣

Being here, in this moment. It was new to me. My life was always careful, to a point where I didn't do much to make myself stand out. It was good for the time being. But I soon started to see the bad in it. The past wasn't something I dreaded on, but it affected me. In ways unknown to me, it didn't surface after meeting her. Don't get me wrong. My friends are my everything and they've done so much for me, it's not enough to put into words. But her. . .Jihyo. We've only recently met and she's already made an impact. For good or for worse, I can't tell.

"You're right, there's a first for everything", she said, interrupting my thoughts.

Her eyes were fixed onto mines. The air around us made me feel tensed, suffocating almost. The close distance didn't help either. Over all the music, I could hear my heart beating, almost in-sync with the rhythm of the music.

She must've noticed the tense in my body, and moved in closer.

Her lips against my ear, "Do you want to take this somewhere else?".

The question made me question myself. Did I need to take this somewhere else?

I whispered back to her, "I think I need some fresh air". She moved, positioning herself in front of me. There was a glimpse of light in her eyes. Almost as if she was plotting something. It also didn't help to see a grin show on her face. My uneasiness intensified. 

"Follow me", as she dragged me across the dance floor. 

As we made our way through the crowd, I couldn't help but to notice her perfume lingering in my nose. It wasn't the same one when I first met her. . .But something a tad milder, and a little sweeter.

She stopped. I didn't quite know why since she was blocking my view. "We're here", she glanced at me. 

I was hit with the view of a bright and beautiful sight of Seoul. I had no idea this club had such a beautiful view of the city, nor did I know she knew such a place. It was captivating...

"Is this an okay spot", she looked at me with hope in her eyes. I nodded.

"I...", something wasn't letting me finish my sentence. The fact that maybe it was just us two now, or the fact that the view was breathtaking, I didn't know. I do know the tension resurfaced again, implying that maybe I wanted things to go a certain way.

"You don't have to say anything", she laughed slightly, "This view could make anyone speechless". And you...

There were chairs and tables set up around the rooftop. I decided to sit, and motioned her to sit with me. "Y'know...", again I stopped, but I mustered back my courage, "I appreciate it, truly", I said while looking right into her eyes. I made sure to look right at her, so she knew I wasn't lying. She studied me for a second, maybe thinking I was lying to her, but I wasn't. Before she could reply I somehow expressed something I didn't know I could...

"Meeting you. . .Was something I never planned to happen in my life. Hell, partying for the past 3 days were even new to me. But, what I'm trying to say is. . .", I paused trying to see how I could go about this. "I'm grateful to have met you", I said while smiling slightly.

By now she was utterly speechless, but she never once let go of our eye contact. 

"Hah. . .I didn't know you could say such things", she finally said

"There's a lot of things you don't know", I teased.

That response caused her to bite her lip. She continued to engulf me with her eyes, not saying anything. This silence was going to kill me, not because I hate quietness or anything, but because my mind was becoming filled with thoughts of her. For whatever gods reason, I leaned closer to her.