chapter one

Eli's POV

My sister was being  annoying  again, I have a lot to do but here she was gushing  about the latest addition to  our pack, An Elder.
Don't get me wrong  I was happy because elders are very important, they help to raise the status the pack, around here ,packs are respected and are ranked according to the number of elders they have and considering  we had the largest number of elders and land mass we were very much respected  and feared and that also meant more paper work.
So  here I am with my sister Elizabeth who is gushing about another man when she has a mate. I haven't met my mate yet, I wasn't looking forward to it but I wasn't also against it, being the alpha of one the largest pack in the area I didn't have time for such,my sister knew that that's why she has been trying to set me up  with her best friend Alice. She meant well because  as my twin it was her job to make sure I was happy, her words  not mine. Because to her happiness comes with  one's mate, she had found her mate during our 17th birthday the day we came  of age and that was four years ago, she understand that some people  are happy alone. I snapped out  of my thoughts to find Liz glaring at me "what?"
She took  in a deep breath and repeated what she had said through  gritted teeth "I said ,don't  u remember carlos?" immediately  I heard the name I scowled of course  I remembered the asshole that stole my girlfriend 5years ago even though it seemed childish to still hold grudges from so many years ago but I was 16 then so young,  so innocent okay fine I wasn't  innocent because  I was into older women ,she was 20 and her name was Annie ,she dumped  me saying that she needed a man. So with guarded tone I asked"what about him"
And Liz noticed it and looked at me with an expression I couldn't read and said "oh Eli don't  tell me you are still hung up on that" and I chose not to reply and she continued "oh well he is the Elder" Carlos is an Elder talk about shocking. "am going to guess and say you didn't know ,well am off to find my mate see ya" I glared at her as she sauntered  off after succeeding at distracting me and bringing up memories  I wanted to forget, she now remembers  her mate, God knows  I love  her but sometimes  I just want to  choke her,still seething about the distraction  my thoughts  drifted to what my sister  said about Carlos being  here  and an Elder
Well things are going to be interesting.

Sorry the chapter is short the next one will be longer I promise
Hope you enjoyed it don't forget to vote