Chapter Ten

Carlos' pov

"What are you doing ",

Immediately he retracted his hand and stood up right.
  "uhm, nothing I, I, I,  came to uhh ask you uhm something, " He stumbled over his words, his face  was flushed and he looked like he was caught doing something bad.

Well he was about to do something alright ,but it was definitely not bad.
Seems like someone misses his mate

I smirked at him, he gulped, I stood up, he took a step back.
"so", I started walking towards him while he kept taking steps back, 

"did you like the flowers" I asked.

He blushed, making me want to take him where he stood as if he saw my hunger flash through my eyes, his blush deepened, I growled .

Before I knew what was happening, I had already pin him to the wall, I could feel my arousal heighten ,I pulled him flush against me,  before he could protest, I dipped my head down and captured his lips in a tight kiss , his lips were soft , I traced his lips with my tongue, and surprisingly  he opened up, and without wasting any time I delved in making his knees to buckle, I held his waist and he grabbed my shoulders for balance.
I could hear him moan as I explored his mouth, his scent was driving me crazy but I had to stop to get the air that we very much needed, I ended the kiss with a single peck on his mouth.  That kiss was definitely one of a kind.

I gazed down to find Eli with his face flushed, eyes closed and lips swollen.
When I  chuckled that seemed to wake him from the spell he was under.

"That was the best kiss of my life ", I said smirking, as if remembering what just occurred, Eli pushed me off him still beet red.

"I-It wasn't that good " he said frowning.
"OK then let's make it good "I replied a little bit offended,
"No don't you dare touch me",he hissed

Not wanting to take this argument further than it is already, I sighed and gave up. We both stood there in an awkward silence with me staring at Eli and him staring at anywhere but me.

I cleared my throat not liking where this was going, I decided to break the silence,

"So you wanted to ask me something? ", I asked
He looked up, all signs of bashfulness gone, as he reverted back to alpha mode, I would have been hurt because of how easily he changed his expression as if it meant nothing to him,  if not of how sexy he looked in alpha mode.

"Yes, I wanted to know what you thought about those files on the missing children and the rouge gatherings?".

"Hmmm", I said thoughtfully ," the missing children really had nothing in common both in age and sex but they one thing I noticed is that all of them had an Elder origin or where of Elder blood, so I think  that it is not a coincidence that all this children are missing at the same time, I think some one is targeting possible future elders.
And as for the rogue gatherings ,I really don't find anything strange except that nothing good ever comes out of rogue gatherings " I finished

"hmm, ok thanks , it will be of great help in solving this case", he replied

"yeah sure no problem ",

After that we just stood there looking at each other and this awkwardness and tension between us were really starting to get on my nerves.
I sighed, we really need to resolve this if we are ever going to be proper mates.

"look Eli I know that you still have a problem with us being mates, but we need to work this out, I mean we just had our first kiss and I expected it to be special for the two of us ,but it seems like it was unwanted, am sorry, but am trying but it seems like it is a waste of time because you keep running away instead of letting me in"

He looked guilty after I had said this , he sighed, "I know and I am sorry, but I just need sometime to get use to this and  way my body is reacting and it's not that I don't want this work because I don't really have any choice but I just need time to adjust " he said with a small voice.

But I was upset how could he say he was only agreeing to this because he doesn't have a choice.

"So if you had a choice you wouldn't be here, is that it?. I gritted out
He didn't answer but I had already gotten my answer from his silence.
I was enraged.

"will I ever be good enough for you? ", I growled and he flinched.
Let me guess now he is afraid of me
Today was definitely not my day

"please just leave" ,I told him, because I was not in the mood to deal with this now.

After he left, I leaned on the wall and slid down to the floor.

I guess this mate business was definitely not cut out for me, three days to our date and we are fighting .

'Oh god help me'.

A/N: Am so sorry about not updating for such a long time ,because I have been so busy with school work but don't worry I will try to keep updating steadily.
I hope it was not too short, I tried my best.

Hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to vote and comment .

Love ya😘