Chapter Nine

Eli's pov

After my father left, I received a stack of files from my assistant saying it was from the Elders, and when i had read it I was so surprised because I have never heard of the missing children and rogue meetings till now and it was very serious and it had been going on for some time now and no one had bothered to let me know , not even my beta and speaking of my beta, I haven't even seen him for a while now and this was saying something as he was one of my closest friends and we grew up together.

I needed to get to the bottom of this. I opened my pack link and spoke to my assistant,
"get me Mason " .

After a while my assistant came back and told me that my beta have not been around for a while.
I was angry my beta left the pack without my permission and serious things have been happening in the neighbouring packs and I was not aware, all because I distracted. I was mad at myself because I have been focusing on my needs forgetting to put the pack's needs first. This is why I had been skeptical about all these mate buisness.

"please come to my office for minute " , I told my assistant ,Gina through the pack link.

After some seconds my door opened,"yes Alpha" ,she said coming in.

"Gina, find gamma Theo , give him these files and tell him to get me everything he can on the missing children " I said handing her the files, " and cancel all my meetings today am going to the Elder's council".

She bowed and left my office.

After I left the office, I went to the underground garage to get my car because even though the council building is situated in my pack grounds,as we had more land mass than all the other pack, it was pretty far as it was near the boundary and lord knows I was not in the mood for a run.

When I arrived at the council, I went to the front desk where I asked to see the head of the Elder's council , Rodriguez Alverto, and then I was directed by his assistant to his office, who announced my presence and some seconds later I went in.

" Alpha Eli what a pleasant surprise ", came a greeting from an old man sitting ,behind a desk, on a chair that honestly look intimidating. Even though he was old the way he sat and his voiced still commanded authority

I slightly bowed my head at him as a sign of respect.
"Elder Roderiguez"

"please sit"

"thank you"

"Elder ", I started not wanting to beat around the bush, " some strange happenings has been occurring in the neighbouring packs and a rogue meeting has been sighted, I received a file on these events from the council so, I want to know what the council thinks about it," I said expecting an answer but he kept looking at me strangely.

I looked at him in question, that seem knock him out of what he was thinking.
He cleared his throat ," am sorry but if you don't mind me asking but why do you smell like my grandson and why do you bear our family symbol?.

"Ehh ,excuse me? " I said confused, I didn't even know he had a grandson.

"I said why are smelling like my grandson " he asked again curiosity embedded in his voice.

"ehm, is your grandson, by chance named Carlos - ". I asked, not saying his full name as I didn't even know his surname, and it has been more than a month , and I have been marked, wow what an awesome mate I am.

He nodded

"well he is my mate" I replied, not sure whether it was my place to tell his grandfather, if he has not told him by now that means their relationship isn't good and also I didn't see him during the family dinner.

Well as if I am one to talk seeing as my father found out this morning and am yet to tell my sister.

As if hearing my thoughts " I have not been close to the family since the attack" he said, sounding sad.

The attack he was referring to was the massive rogue attack that happened 10 years ago that took so many people from the pack including the Luna, my mother. It was a dark period for the whole pack.

"But if you want to know anything about those files, you need to go to Carlos he is the one in charge of it"

I got up "thank you ", I said to him he nodded.

"and Eli", he called " Carlos is a good man, he will treat you well and please take care of him" .

I nodded and left.

When I was out of the office, I concentrated on the mate pull which led me to Carlos office . I was greeted by the secretary, whom I convinced not to worry and to continue her work because she was reluctant to let me enter Carlos' office without announcing my presence but she finally gave in.

I entered his office quietly only to find Carlos asleep with a book covering his face.

I couldn't help but chuckle softly because the sight was pretty hilarious

I went closer and removed the book from his face. Up close he looked really handsome, he was an exotic beauty, his skin was naturally tanned, this eyebrows were thick, with long eyelashes, his nose crooked from all the fight he has been in , his lips where a pale shade of red and they were chapped , his jaw line was so defined, he was definitely handsome.

I could feel my self starting to lean in, my eyes fixed on his lips, I didn't know what I was doing but I couldn't stop myself .
But I was pulled out of the trance by a thick hoarse, baritone.

"What are you doing?"

A/N: Am so sorry for the late update. I hope you enjoyed it.
Don't forget to vote and comment

Love ya.