Chapter Three

Eli's pov,

My head was pounding,  my limbs were throbbing and my heart was threatening to burst. I felt like I had just been in a marathon race.

To say that I was shocked would be an understatement, I had just met my mate who is not only a guy but an Elder,  and since all the elders in my park were mated and most already had grandchildren,  so that just leaves Carlos.

So in order words , my mate was the douche who stole my girlfriend, wow..  the fates are against me. I had just wanted to get some air after a tiring day in the office when I meet his wolf and   I didn't know what to do,  so I bolted.

Suddenly, I felt drained, I went to my room and throw myself on the bed and immediately I blacked out.

The next morning,  I woke up not remembering an ounce of what happened last night. I went to the kitchen to make breakfast, my  kitchen had a modern design, it wasn't that big but it was spacious.
I poured leftover coffee from the coffee maker,  I leaned back on the counter with my cup,  took a sip, inhaling the scent,  something about this was familiar.

Immediately, I was hit with memories of what happened last night,  the rain and coffee scent, finding my mate,  my mate being a guy, Carlos.  My eyes widened at the last one.
"Oh my God".

Carlos' pov

He ran away from me,  I can't believe he ran away from me,  his mate...  I mean was I ugly?, was I not good enough?,  what was the problem. 

God, am so frustrated,  I have been searching for my mate for more than a decade and now that I have finally found him he wasn't about to run away from me, but it is easier said than done. After our first meeting,  it seemed as if he disappeared from the face of the earth. 

Two weeks ago,  after he had bolted,  I was too shocked to go after him,   when I had finally snapped out of it,  a heavy downpour had started throwing me off his tracks and scent.  The only thing that I know about him is that he was an alpha,  I didn't know his pack and that is why I had spent the last two weeks visiting the alphas of surrounding packs, but all of them came out negative, I even tried the alpha of my pack, but everytime I went to his office,  he was always never around,  I found this strange and weird because it was as if he was avoiding me,  and that is why I am on my way to the alpha's office whether, he was around or not.

When I reached the building,  I climbed the stairs to the top floor ignoring the lady at the front desk who was calling me,  I pushed open the black door which was looked as if it was made out of mahogany, now I wasn't sure this alpha was my mate but I needed to be certain.

Immediately  I was hit with the full force of a familiar scent - freshly cut grass and pineapples, and boy was I sure.
I recovered from my immediate joy and happiness to remember why I was barging into his office in the first place;  he was avoiding me.  "YOU"

Eli's pov

I have been avoiding all human interaction since that day in the forest, I told my assistant to keep my everyone from my office,  I have practically imprisoned myself here. I didn't want to face reality yet, anyone would understand,  I mean my mate is a guy and I have never been gay, I am not homophobic  but I wasn't  really comfortable with being with another guy and carlos and I as sure as hell despised each other ,or at least me. I didn't know how this will work.

I snapped out of my thought as I heard loud voices outside my office, I got up to investigate,  half way to my door,  it barged open to reveal a huge man,  he was 6'5, all muscle.  He was very built and had a strawberry blonde hair that fell to his shoulders,  with a scar that resembled a crescent moon situated at the corner of his left eyes. His eyes were a familiar shade of green, Carlos.
         "Mate",  my wolf barked
          " You",  he seethed
He was livid, why?  I didn't know,  he stomped towards me, I took hurried steps backwards,  until I hit my desk, he then caged me in, his arm on each side of me. 
       I was confused and very surprised,  I think it showed on my face because his expression changed to that of apologetic,  but his question throw me off track.
        " Why are you avoiding me ? ", I didn't answer him.
        " You do know that we are mates right ? ". He asked again,  after some seconds hesitating,
          "I guess ",I croaked out.
He chuckled  " you guess ?, I am your mate and you are mine, it is a fact and there is nothing there to guess", he said in a tone of fine outing.

How dare he use that tone on me,  who does this fucker think he is, he can't just barge in here expecting me to accept him as my mate,  I wasn't gay before and I am definitely not gay now,  so I voiced my thoughts.
            "I am not so sure,  I mean you are a man and I am a man,  I have never been with a man and I am not about to start now. ", I said with a hard tone.

Just as soon as I was done he became livid.
          "Are you rejecting me?".

A/N:  Hope you guys enjoyed it
         Don't forget to vote and
         comment

See ya