Chapter six

Eli's POV

        It ran from my neck down to my lower back, a wolf that looked like it was howling, it had three crown stars on it's head, the wolf is a symbol of an Elder's mate and the stars am guessing is Carlos' family symbol.
I looked at myself in the mirror in my bathroom again, yep he definitely marked me.

    Last night, when Carlos had gone, I was in shock, my mind was having difficulty processing what had happened so I just went to bed, then when I woke up the next morning the full weight of what had happened dawned on me .
   I was so angry I felt like ripping him into two, but that was not an option because if I killed him, I will either die or go insane. But how dare he mark me without my consent, what will I say to say to my sister who had hopes of setting me up with her best friend, but I ended up being marked by a guy, who I very much dislike, and what will I say to the park and how the hell will I survive the full moon coming up in two weeks  when I am an Unmated marked alpha.

My head was bursting with thoughts as I went through my routine to prepare for the day, I done everything possible to get Carlos' scent off me but it was futile so I settled for covering the mark by wearing a turtle neck sweater even though we were in the middle of july.

When I went to the office I was pleased to see that my assistant was running late, I left a note on her desk saying that I shouldn't be disturbed no matter what.
As soon as I opened the door to my office, I could feel my body react to the presence of a certain elder standing by the window.

"wow..... first my house, now my office" I drawled, announcing my presence.

Carlos looked at me startled as if he didn't know I was in the building , he started walking towards me .

"Eli, am so sorry I can explain"

"Don't you dare fucking come close" I snarled,  he stopped in his tracks.
"explain? well I can help you with that.... you came to my house last night uninvited , harassed me and marked me without  my consent, there's your explanation, what more do you want to ,say it I want to hear it"
I was so angry how dare he come hear after what he did last night.
"what did you think would happen after last night Carlos do you think I would automatically want to mate with you -"

"Don't you dare say that" Carlos said cutting me off, "you know what ,am not sorry that I marked you at all,am your mate Eli and that is what should have been done a long time ago, what is wrong with you ?, it's been weeks since we found out that we are mates and we're yet to have a full conversation without a shouting match, stop thinking about only you for once" he was now furious,"I get that you have never been with a guy before am but neither have I and am here trying to make 'this' work but you, you went on a date with someone else,  what did you expect, that I would give you my fucking blessings, grow up Eli, we are mates whether you like it or not , I have been waiting for a really long time for this and you are not about to take it from me".

He turned back and faced the window staring out to nothing. He was right I have been thinking about myself only not knowing how this situation affected him. I had also forgotten that he was very much older than me so I could imagine how long that he has been waiting for his mate. I looked at him again, his shoulders were slumped with defeat and stress, I almost felt bad for being difficult. I had to try it was the right thing to do and he has already marked me so there was no going back all we had to do was make best of the situation and that is to try and get along with him.

I cleared my throat "fine let's make this work "
He looked back at me in disbelief,  I nodded at him to confirm what I had said and he gave me a little smile.

"thanks, I appreciate it "

I found myself wanting to smile back, but I held it back, clearing my throat,

"so where do we start from".

"well, we should get to know each other " he said, not looking at me.

"and how do you suppose we do that?".

"we could go on a date, if you want".

I didn't reply, I could tell he was hoping I will say yes, what could I do, I need to try if not full moon will be a disaster.

"Fine" I sighed.

"One more thing "Carlos started "er.... I may or may not have told my mom about you and she may or may not have requested for you to come for dinner".

"may or may not? " I asked, confused.

"yeah...  I think it's more of the may "    he said looking apologetic .

" What".

"now, before you go all batshit crazy on me just know that is an opportunity to get to know each other" .

I groaned "fine".

"thank very much, this means a lot to me " he said.

I shrugged.

"You know the place right " he asked,

  I nodded.

"great, I will see you at seven" he said walking towards the door.

Before he walked out, he stopped and turned towards me "and Eli, I love your scent" he smirked.

I could feel the shivers go down my spine , damn that smirk had to be illegal .

Remembering the dinner, I groaned, why me, first I was marked now I had dinner with my possibly future mother in law .

'oh joy'.

A/N:  am sorry for the late update, been busy. Enjoy
Don't forget to vote and comment

Love ya