Chapter Ninteen

Hey guys,
It been long, sorry been busy, school and all.
But here's a chapter.
The first paragraph was kind of an abstract inner monologue Eli had with himself so don't get confused.
That's all I have to say .

P.S  I am kind of experiencing a mild writers block so this chapter might be whack, I apologize in advance.

Enjoy.

Eli's POV

I felt sad, I felt betrayed, angry, guilty but most of all disappointed.
I never thought the one that I thought would always have my back, would do something like this. It was something that I have never imagined.
but I was most disappointed in myself, this is the second time I have been marked against my will and even though the first time wasn't really bad it had both taken something from me; my pride as an alpha and my dignity as a mate.
To top it of my wolf wasn't responding.
After that incident, I dragged myself home and for the first time in my life I cried myself to sleep.

***************

I was in my suite avoiding everyone and everything, I had sent Theo and a few warriors to go look for mason, I decided to keep my self busy by dusting my knife collection, I kept imagining the scenario where Carlos would find out about this, I just know that, no matter what happens it won't end well .
Am just grateful that we are not on talking terms now, at least that will give me some time to figure out what to do.

Immediately I finished that thought I sensed a presence at my door, I couldn't tell who it was at first but soon I could scent the familiar scent of my mate.

God I should have known that with a tampered mark I couldn't sense him like I used to and he won't feel any difference, hopefully because the marking wasn't two-sided.

He knocked.
I wanted to ignore him but I know he will find it suspicious and would probably break down my door since he could sense that I was in here.

I walked to the door and opened it and moved back to continue my dusting, if he doesn't come near me he won't be able to tell the change in my scent.

He walked in looking relieved.
"Hey ", he greeted smiling at me.
"Hey", I replied smiling like I wasn't going to do something awful.
"Eli I came to apolo- ", he started .
"I think we should break up", I said cutting him off.

There was silence, he kept staring at me like he couldn't comprehend what I was saying .
"I think we should break up", I repeated
He chuckled ," Eli what are you say, this isn't something you break up, we are mates not dating".

"Fine whatever this is, we should stop it", I said.
He looked at me as if to check whether I was serious then his eyes flashed.

"What is wrong with your scent?", he asked with an unreadable expression.
I ignored him, I was trying to make him angry so he wouldn't be able to focus on anything.
"This is just not working out", I said looking away from him.

"What is wrong with your scent ", he asked again this time with a hard tone .
I could tell he had already caught up to my game .

"I met someone else", I said very unconvincingly, even a two year old could tell I was lying. I mean, it was just two days ago that we argued.

He looked at me pointedly, clearly not buying it.

I pulled down my shirt collar to reveal my neck, it was better if he believes that I willingly let it happen than it was forced.
"We marked each other, last night", I said.
Immediately he glanced at my neck his pupils turned silver but nothing else I had expected some kind of reaction but all I got was a blank expression.

Then steadily he walked to me, I thought he was going to hit me but he leaned down and sniffed my neck.
Then he stood back.

Once I looked at his face, my heart sunk, I should have known that he would find out who it was through my scent.
On his face was an expression I have never seen on him.

"Carlos, listen I can explain -", I started.
But he cut me off

"No matter what you say or do, I will never let you go"
Then he turned and made for the door after three steps, he stopped.

"I will kill him", he said without turning back in a voice that assured me that he would and then stormed out.

Immediately I opened my link with my gamma
"Whatever you do find Mason before Carlos does",I said
"Alpha, Mason has left the pack grounds", he replied .
"Come to my suite immediately ".

*******

"He left before dawn", Theo said ending his explanation.
We were in my suite and Carlos hasn't returned yet.
"Okay", I replied
"you can leave ", I told but he didn't make any movement.
I looked at him in question. Is anyone even listening to me in this pack.
"I said you can leave ", I told him again, but he didn't.
"Alpha am sorry but I will like to know what offense mason committed that we are searching for him like this ", he said, with a look in his eyes that told me he wasn't going anywhere until he got his answer.
I don't want to let anyone know about that incident but he won't understand the how serious I am with finding Mason before Carlos does.

"He bit me"
"What?", he asked looking confused.
"He marked me ", I sighed in annoyance.
He didn't say anything, just looking at me then his eyes widened as if he just understood what I said.

"Jesus, is he stupid?".

"What?", I said acting as if it was nothing,"it's not that big of a deal, the only problem is that Carlos wants to kill him".

"And he is going to, he has to", he replied looking at me with a seriousness I didn't understand.
Why was he looking at me like that, is there something I should know.
"What do you mean by that?", I asked him.

He was about to answer when a loud bang came from the door.

Carlos walked in, his canines and claws were exposed and his eyes were still silver, you could clearly tell that he was clearly enraged.

"Where is he?".

##############

3rd person POV.

The room was dark only illuminated by the fire coming from the fireplace, in front of it sat a middle aged man, his legs were crossed and in his right hand was a cane he kept caressing on its head, his face was with a frowned expression as if in deep thought.
The silence in room was broken by a young man making his way in.
As soon as he was close to the man sitting, he stopped and bowed,
"Elder", he said in greeting.
The man nodded in response
"I believe it has been taken care of", he said.
" yes sir", the young man replied.
"Good , begin the next step".
"Yes sir".
The young man began to leave.
"Mason", the Elder called.
"Sir?"
"Good job", he said.
"Thank you sir",The young man replied with a blank face , before leaving.

A/N: I tried my best, sorry.

You know what to do.

Love ya😘