CHAPTER SEVEN

Carlos' POV

I was in my office trying to get some work done but was too distracted kept thinking about the introduction of Eli to my family that was going to take place tonight ,I couldn't keep still and I was so anxious because I kept thinking of different scenarios of how it might go wrong.

I had called my mom earlier to inform her and she had been ecstatic , hearing her like that made me feel a little better but it wasn't her that was making me worried it was my mate. I know the guy promised to work things out between us but doesn't mean I trust him hell I don't even know anything about him except that his name is Eli and he is the Alpha of the pack so anything could happen, am just cautious about him , I knew this mate business was going to be tough especially with the kind of mate I have .

A knock on the door distracted me from my thoughts as my secretary enter the office looking tensed

"sir , another child has gone missing from a neighboring pack and more meetings have been sighted but is hard to tell whether they are rogues or not , here is the file " . she said as dropped a file on my desk,

"thank you" . I said , she nodded and left

great! just what I needed to add to my collection of things to stress about , but a kidnapping and meetings can not just be a coincidence, these need to be looked into . And where does that damned beta keep disappearing to.

.

I knew from the moment Eli knocked on the door that this dinner was going to be a disaster , his body was tensed and hidden in his eyes were layers of anger .

"Hey" i said and all i received was a grunt .

Okay...

i led him to the dinning where my family was seated , they stood when we entered were all seated when all pleasantries were made . the table was quiet and tensed and a little awkward ,everyone was trying to get me to break the silence but i proved to be stubborn and kept my mouth shut not wanting to be on the receiving end of my mate brewing anger.

The tension became so thick and suffocating , i almost couldn't take it any more .

"So Eli how are your parents?" my mother asked, everyone tensed at the table i had to stop my self from rolling my eyes on how dramatic they were being.

"Good" Eli replied his tone tight and void of any emotion. nobody said anything again for some while until my mother asked again, trying her best to dissolve the tension.

"How did you two meet "

When seconds had past and it was obvious that he wasn't going to answer the question ,i decided that i should try and rescue this dinner that was inevitably ending in disaster .

"we met on the day i came back in the forest , i went for run and i stopped to rest a little when i scented him i had make out where the scent was coming from and then i saw him , i knew it was him immediately i saw him ,we just stood there staring at each other and then he took off" i ended with a slight smile , while everyone else busted out laughing save for Eli who was blushing furiously

"Even me could agree that was a foolish thing to do" he said quietly still blushing.

"I apologize for my behavior earlier"

"Its okay" my mother assured "all is forgiven"

After that we all talked and ate on a happy note, my mother had asked so many embarrassing questions , ones that enlightened me on how uncomfortable my mate was with being the sub in this relationship, i know that nowadays the werewolf pack were no as strict as they were before when in relationships the dom and the sub had distinctive roles they had to play , but it was still the basics of relationships in a pack.

I just pray he comes around because there is nothing i can do because i am naturally a dominant and he is my sub even though he is an alpha . but other than that i still didn't know anything about him but i knew that was only temporary because he agreed to on a date with me.

..

"Hey so are u doing anything on Saturday ", i asked

"uhm no ,why? " Eli squinted at me

"Well there is this place -and-uhm-- i-uhm wanted to- "

"Are you asking me out,"he interrupted my meaningless ramble.

"No! i mean yes, yes ,as a matter of fact am asking you out", i answered ,standing straighter to seem little bit brave but he just chuckled.

"well if you don't -"i started to say but i got interrupted by a calm yes from him and i smiled gratefully at him which he just nodded to

..

We had this conversation in front of his door in the pack house as i escorted him home after dinner

Unfortunately that was the only thing he agreed to because when i wanted to plant one on him , he slammed the door on face ,luckily nothing broke.

Well the dinner was saved afterall MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

NEW MISSION; Wooing my mate.

A/N; Hey am back , sorry have been gone for so long no excuses this time , i tried my best hope you enjoy it

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

LOVE YA.