Chapter Twenty

Eli's POV

"Where is Mason?", he asked, I could feel the bloodlust rolling off of him in waves.
I looked towards Theo and motioned for him to leave but he shook his head as if telling me that he was not gonna leave me to face danger alone.
I laughed bitterly in my mind, he didn't know that between the two of us he was the one more in danger, because who knows if Carlos' wolf have taken over.

It seems like the silence helped to calm him a bit seeing as the next question from him was spoken in a steady tone.
"Did you let him?"
"What are you trying to imply"?, I replied, despite the earlier conversation that we had, when I claimed ' I met someone'. God I swear I can be so stupid sometimes.
It was as if he saw that I wasn't taking this as seriously as he was.
At that moment his anger doubled, his teeth was clenched and his nose scrunched up, I was still deciding if his his expression was cute and funny, when his next words made the decision for me.
" I am asking if you decided to throw away our bond just because of an argument?", I could feel the disappointment wash over me when he asked the question.
I didn't know what to feel at that moment; angry ?, I could understand where he is coming from because, I was the one who said that we should break up earlier but for him to actually believe it makes me want to question how much faith he had in me, or did he actually see me as someone petty and childish that will actually let someone else mark me because of an argument.

"Get Out", it actually took me a second to realize that I was the one saying that, but I really didn't want to be in his presence.
But unfortunately I was the only one who shared that thought.
I heard rushed steps, and a hand grabbed my throat and it was affecting my wolf in more ways than one.
I stared at him in the eyes, eyes that I could feel that was trying to draw me in and drown me.
I sucked in a breath and said calmer than I ever thought I will be.
"GET OUT",
His eyes flashed again, oh shit I used my alpha's voice. His hand tightened around my neck, it was getting uncomfortable.
"Are you trying to command me", he snarled with a grin that looked very creepy, "have you forgotten that even though you are an alpha that you belong to me". He was vibrating with anger and his hand was gradually tightening and choking me in the process making it a little hard to breath.
"Alpha"
I just remembered that Theo was here, I could feel my already broken pride and dignity being torn into shreds again as my gamma watched me get strangled by my mate.
Carlos chilling gaze kept him where he was, as he was about to come forward.
He looked back at me and as if he knew what I was thinking.
"Submit", he said he said smiling mischievously in a deep voice that was part his wolf, part him.
I grabbed the arm strangling me trying to get out of this predicament before something worse happens but it seems like I have been abandoned by the heavens AGAIN, I could feel my wolf fighting against the impulse in my head, at least my wolf and I were on the same page in this situation but immediately my body flared up with pain unlike anything I have ever felt before, my body started convulsing, but as soon as it came it was gone. That's when I registered that the hand that was at my throat was gone and I was on the floor with someone leaning over me repeatedly calling alpha.
When I opened my eyes, I saw Theo staring at me with worry and shock painted all over his face, then I looked towards the other figure above, his own expression was more interesting as different emotions registered on his face all in one fleeting second, before he turned and left the room. Among all those emotions, one affected me more than I would like, Guilt.

Shoving all these thought at the back of my head, important things first, I sighed.
"What happened?", I asked, questioning Theo.
He looked at me, solemn and sympathetic.
"Alpha, that is what I have been trying to tell you?"
"What is it", I questioned again.
"Alpha, pardon me but have you been marked by Elder Carlos ?", he asked in professional tone like as if to tell me that this is important.
"Yes", I answered, in like fashion.
"Okay but have you been mated ?"
"No", I said trying to ignore the heat on my neck creeping towards my face. Why do I feel so weird having this conversation with my gamma.
The look he was given me was weird he sighed long and hard.
"Alpha, when Mason marked you he created a huge problem, assuming you were fully mated then it would have not been a problem, but you are not. When a Sub is unmated but marked he or she cannot be marked by another unless he or she may die".
" Why", I asked in a small voice, I almost couldn't hear my voice, but Theo did and it even helped deepen the already profound sympathy he already had for me.
"Because during marking the Dominant mate inject toxins into the body of the recipient to enhance the mating bond but if another person's toxins exist there already, the toxins will treat the other as foreign and a virus, they will repel each other and they will try to eliminate the other, even though at the end, 99% of the time, the mate always wins because the body of the recipient made to accommodate their mate and a wolf can recognize their Dominant but the battle will bring an excruciating level of pain to the body of the recipient which can lead to death, just like what you felt now but very much longer and very much worse and it happens anytime the mate commands the bond, the recipient goes into heat or any time there is a full moon. It can only be stopped if one the owner of the toxins dies.

I felt the dread the settle in my stomach, I swallowed full moon was just six days away, and as a marked unmated wolf I will go into heat.
"This is what you get for skipping health class, Can this day get any worse?", I asked smiling bitterly.
He smiled at me back sympathetically.
He wanted to say something else but was cut off by a loud boom that shook the earth, we but look towards the pack as we heard women and children screaming.
We immediately got up and rushed towards the exit of the room as I started dishing out commands to every unit in the pack link.
"Medical unit sweep the pack ground in stealth mode for the wounded and take them to the nearest safe zone, do not be seen, I repeat Do Not be seen,
Head Warrior, you are with unit A make sure all pack members are in the safe zone and not in sight, children and women are priority.
Assistant head warrior take unit B, K and F and surround all pack boundaries, be as fast as you can and link me if second Defense fails.
Theo and Units X,V and Z you are with me, prepare for confrontation, meet me at the centre.
"Yes Alpha", I received confirmation from all the units.
"And remember, No matter what do not die"
" Yes Alpha", they echoed before the link was cut off.
Theo and I rushed towards the pack centre with the feeling of dread growing with every step I took.

Carlos.

Hey guys are you surprised 😲?,
For those who are still with me, thanks and I appreciate it.
It is been long, I hope I still got it and didn't destroy this book.

Thank y'all and love ya😘.

P.S : you know the drill😉.