Chapter 3: The Solution

"Here we are." Penny's voice brought a sinking feeling in her stomach. It made her sick - nauseated to the extent of nearly throwing up the toast that she had for breakfast earlier. She knows she is hyperventilating, with her cold, clammy skin, short breaths and fuzzy head.

'Maybe, this is not such a bright idea afterall.' She thought to herself.

"You can manage on your own, right?" The worry in her bestfriend's voice became her very much needed strength. At first, Penny wanted to accompany her for what she was about to do but she insisted otherwise. She wants to do it alone, Penny driving her here is more than enough help. She closed her eyes, took a deep and calculated breath, counted to ten before opening it up again.

"I'll call you once I am finished here." She said while turning to her friend, giving a tight hug.

"Thank you Penny." She whispered.

"You can definitely do this." Penny uttered while raising a fist as a means of encouraging her.

With a nod, she open the passenger door and stepped out of the car. She gave a slight wave to Penny and watched as her car was swallowed by the traffic. She then turned towards the building and what she saw made her breathless.

In front of her is a tall building, 30 stories maybe more. The sunlight reflecting the building made it look intimidating.

She blew a bated breath while cursing Penny in her head. She didn't warn her about this. She only told her that he owns the building and that he is rich.

Taking another deep breath she walks towards the revolving door. The security at the entrance handed her a visitor's badge after checking her things thoroughly. The building has a very tight security. She made her way to the reception desk after slinging the badge on her neck, her heels making a clackity noise on the marbled floor.

"Good morning." She greeted the receptionist with a polite smile.

"Yes, good morning ma'am. How can I help you?" The lady behind the desk asked in a rehearsed speech and facade.

"May I know which floor Mr. Harrison's office is? I need to meet up with him, it's urgent." She answered politely but the brows of the woman lifted, eyeing her from head to toe and back, took a deep breath and took the phone on the desk.

"Ms. Sophie, there's a lady here that wants to meet the boss. Will I let her up?" The woman talked on the phone while still eyeing her condescendingly.

She pretended that she didn't notice it or that it's making her feel small. She looked at herself searching for anything that might be amiss, but she found nothing. Her dress is not askew, her strappy heels is not broken and it is impossible for her to have lipstick on her teeth for she did not put any, she only dabbed it with a moisturizer.

"Your name please? Ms. Sophie wants to check if you have an appointment with the boss." "Uh, I don't have an appointment, so please tell her not to waste her time looking for it." She's still smiling sweetly even though she is fuming inside.

After sometime, the woman put back the phone on the receiver and promptly told her that she can go up to 35th floor where the boss' office is located.

"Thank you." She told the woman with the sweetest smile she could muster and turned around towards the bank of elevators.

'Yep, definitely more than 30 stories high.' She smiled at her thought.

It took her less than a minute until she step out of the elevator into the 35th floor, considering how many times they stop on different floors in order to let someone in or out of the compartment.