Chapter 8: The Ideas

Lucas cannot believe what he heard. For the second time since meeting this woman, he was rendered speechless - he should have laugh because of the incredulity of his state - but everything that the woman have said is not laughable nor the status that he was left into, not laughable at all.

Still feeling baffled at the woman's idea Lucas can only asked, astonishment apparent on his voice. "Are you crazy?!" He expected a counter for what he said, but instead, he only received a raised brow as a response.

'She is serious about the idea of me pretending to be gay. What the heck!' He knows when he had formulated his plan that there will be consequences, and he readied himself for anything, but not this kind. He already considers meeting her as a punishment for how the way she treats him. He then turned to the woman in question who is sitting calmly as if what she blurted out is a normal and everyday occurence.

"So, your way of thinking is like this, that if I am gay, I will never want to have sex with you since you are a woman, thus giving a valid reason why we've never consummated our marriage." He clarified.

"Yes." He was about to respond when she added that made him want to strangle the lady. "Why? Are you considering it?" He would have done so if he did not look into her eyes. Eyes that are pulling him into its depths, quieting his agitation, making him afraid.

In order to mask that he is bothered with her, he put his signature scowl and berated her. "No, I do not consider that, so you better remove that idea from that gorgeous head of yours."

---

Drake, didn't know how to react with the situation, the two person in front of him continued their bickering as if they are an old married couple.

He continued watching the two without involving himself in the discussion, as if he can, considering that the two do not mind him at all. It is as if he wasn't even there sitting, listening and observing them. He should have brought a popcorn and soda because he feels that he is watching a soap opera, the only difference is that it is live, unscripted and full of raw emotions.

He forced himself not to laugh when Claire asked if Lucas is considering her idea, the look on Lucas' face is so priceless.

---

"No one will believe that as well with my reputation. You even thought that I am changing different woman carelessly, without knowing me first." Lucas continuously ranted still baffled.

"Well, they may thought that maybe, it was your way of covering your tracks..if you know what I mean." She said meaningfully.

The words she sprouted in that lips of hers are really dumbfounding. He doesn't know where she gets all those ideas, 'Do I look like I am hiding a skeleton in my closet? Is my sexuality questionable? Why am I asking myself with these things?' He was left stupefied.

Lucas started pacing for awhile thinking of another reason aside from the crazy idea that Claire thought, which brought them into another disagreement. 'Yes! That's it, a disagreement' a thought came to his mind. "We can make use of disagreement instead of that one, can we?" He turned to Drake for confirmation.

---

Drake can't hardly control himself, he wants to bellow his laughter, his cheeks are already hurting for suppressing it. Claire is clearly teasing him and Lucas is shell-shocked already, for him to recognize the glint of mischief in the woman's eyes. The lady is only messing with him. He is betting everything he has that Lucas has full of questions in his head, rattling him in his very core and stunning him into silence.

He refocused when Lucas turned to him with a question. "Yes we can also use that. It is also one of the most used grounds for annullment which is different from divorce - the constant disagreement or as we call it, psychological incapacity." When the two looked at him both with unspoken question in their eyes, he added. "It refers to the husband's or wife's inability or unwillingness to submit himself or herself with the necessary obligations expected in marriage." Drake explained in the most simplest of terms. He then turned his gaze back and forth between the couple and asked. "So, who will be the one who is psychologically incapacitated if we will use that as a ground for annullment?" He saw their eyes widen at his question.