Chapter 24: The Calm Before the Storm

A/N: You may have noticed that I uploaded five chapters this week. This is my way of apologizing again to all of you, for the next chapter will be uploaded later next week. I will be busy this coming weekend so I do not have enough time to write the succeeding chapters. Hoping for your understanding and patience.

Thank you purple053 for your support.

Happy reading! ;)
________________________________________________

Claire had never felt this happy and contented. Maybe because she already know how it is to be loved thoroughly, which her and Lucas do almost every night, almost, considering he still travels due to business and her coming to Millbrook during weekends.

But the nights she spent lying in his arms are full bliss. She will never regret the decision that she made that night, the first time she gave herself fully to him. Lucas has been a very caring and attentive lover, making her came first, even multiple times before he will allow himself to release his'.

She can feel their relationship went into a whole different level and she is falling for him more and more. Though, they both didn't utter the four-letter word to each other, she can feel that he love her as well in his own ways. He will always call and ask her well-being especially if he is away for days, with strict instructions to Alvin not to let her be hungry or be too tired. He also made her promise not to fall asleep on the tub once again, which she fulfill wholeheartedly with Alvin's help, of course. For the butler-cum-valet always stood outside the bathroom door everytime she will submerge herself into the tub, knocking loudly every ten minutes just to make sure she is still wide awake. Though it is somewhat irritating, she just felt thankful to them for watching over her.

Her happiness was slightly dimmed when she received an anonymous letter one day. At first, she did not mind it and just kept it to herself, for she thought that it is just a prank done by someone who doesn't know what to do with his life or his free time. But the letters kept coming, sometimes days in a row or every other week, that receiving letters made her jumpy.

The first letter she received was only a greeting, just a simple and one word: Hello. The next one had an additional Good day! to it. The succeeding letters as well were all like that, it's like the sender is doing some word puzzle, which you will never know what you will receive until you open it.

She found those first letters not harmful, but the latest ones she received made her guarded and always on edge. It already contains some personal things such as how she look radiant one day or how her dress made her look beautiful. Even her hairdo is being pointed out as well as her choice of footwear. Those statements made her think that whoever it is knows her that much or is close enough to notice everything about her. She is still deliberating whether to report it already, but what will be the charges if she will. She doesn't know who sent those letters and she doubt he will do something to her at least. So until now, nobody knows about it, she just made herself be mindful of her surroundings and not letting herself be alone. She even conceded to Lucas' offer of letting Kevin drive her car when she goes to Millbrook, though she is not letting him get close to the shop. He will stop somewhere far enough and let her drive towards the store on her own. He will stay in a hotel for the duration of the weekend and they will both come back to Manhattan during Mondays, with her picking him up at the hotel and he will drive from then on. Just like now, they are almost at the penthouse. Her phone rings while Kevin is parking her car, it was Lucas.

"Hey!" She greeted.

"Hello sweetheart, where are you?" Lucas voice came from the other line.

"Basement parking, already going up. You?"