Chapter 8. New Life/The Quest

A/N: Wow...! I never expected to get 3k views this quickly... THANK YOU GUYS FOR THIS!! THIS MEANS A LOT TO ME AND IM SO HAPPY YOU GUYS LIKE THIS STORY!! THANK YOU FOR READING THIS AND VOTING FOR IT!! Please don't be silent, comment as much as you wish! Thank you! Here you go!
–––––––—————————–––––

//Time Skip 3 Years...//

So... It's been three years since I've ran away from my family. I feel so guilty for leaving them like that.

I've heard that the Duke, my father, has grown restless and stressful, that he wasn't that happy-go-lucky guy we all used to know anymore.

I've heard he now drowns himself in work, ignores the family, and trying desperately to find me, but... I can't come home.

I've heard my mother, the duchess, is sick in bed, and in worry. I've heard she looked for me herself in the commoner's ground; a town for commoners that have lower status than dirt on the ground. She's trying so, so hard to open my runaway case again; to get other people to help find me again. But... It's no use, I'm not coming back.

I've heard that my brother, Callum, the heir to the Magikku household, has become an absolute playboy. I've heard that after I disappeared, he searched and searched everywhere for me, he searched harder than anyone in the family, anyone in the council! But came up empty handed every time.

He gave up a few weeks ago. He became a flirt soon after for God knows what reason! But, I know that if he keeps this behavior up, he's going to get stripped of his right to be the heir.

Did I do this?

Did I do this to him? To them? To the people I never wanted to hurt! I did the most terrible thing. I feel so much remorse, so much guilt, for leaving. What was I thinking?! And now, it's too late to turn back.

I'm a high ranking Adventurer now. One of the tops. And same with the Assassin's Guild.

I've had to blow off a lot of steam lately, more then I intended to three years ago. I'm a triple X assassin now. People in that guild look up to me. I'm the highest of highs.

Some say it was bribery that got me to the top. Some say threats. But I got here by earning it the hard way.

It usually takes more than 30 years to reach a double X, much less a triple, but I've just been angry lately. Angry at myself. Just thinking about all of this makes me feel so bad.

That's it, I'm going to get another quest from the Guilds.

I got my cloak which was hanging from a chair of a 5 star hotel that I've bought all to myself, Sinbi and Ace.

I've gotten really close to Ace, he reminds me of someone from Earth. Someone I used to be really close to. Someone that I miss dearly. But, I have to accept that he's in the past now, to a past I'd rather not venture into.

I miss you A-kun, I'm sorry for leaving the way I did... I'm such a coward, always running away from my problems like I do.

I made my way down the spiral steps of my hotel and walked out the door.

I made my way through a very familiar pathway I've walked down millions of times before.

I made my way through the city, greeted by many people along the way. I found the orphanage that I usually donate to and decide to check on the children. Of course, I've already changed into Kai.

As soon as they all say me, they ran up and gave me all a hug.

"Kai!" They all shouted in excitement.