Chapter 9. I'm So Sorry, Again

A/N: HEYLOO! WASSUP GUYS! GUESS WHAT? IM UPDATING! WOW! How are you guys?? Hope you like the chappie, it's a bit... Bad, I don't like it that much and I'm loosing ideas... What should I do?
———————————————-

I frantically woke up in what seems like a medical bed, screaming at my nightmare of Riki. Aiden, who was beside me peacefully sleeping on a chair, rushed up, still half asleep, and got in a weird pose.

"Who's attacking?! Are you okay Kai?!" He whisper-yelled to me, his eyes half closed-half open looked at me. I halfheartedly giggled at his silliness and began to slowly calm down.

He sighed and plopped back down not the chair. He stared at me whilst I looked around the room. No one else was there. Just me and him.

...

Gah! This is awkward! No ones talking, just silence filled my ears.

"Kai... Can I ask you something?" Aiden suddenly asked me, breaking the tension that was surrounding us uncomfortably.

I nod nervously. What's he going to ask me?? Did I do something wrong? Is he going to ask about Riki? Questions float in my head as I look back at him.

"W-why?" Aiden utters as his eyes cloud up in what looks like sadness and... Familiarity? What? Wait... No!

"Kai, why? Or should I say Ailuea; why? Why did you leave us? Why did you run away? Why did you-why did you go?" Many tears slid down Aiden's face whilst I only watch in regret of the past.

"A-Aiden." I managed to choke out as I felt something hot slipped from my eye and down my cheek.

Aiden just looked at me in betrayal. Why did I have to do what I've done? Why did Riki show up that day? Why can't I slip back in time and change the past?

Safety. Their safety. Safety from the she-devil that hides inside me. Safety from Riki. Safety from me.

Why does it sound like I'm trying to convince myself??

"Aiden... I did it for your safety! From Riki-!" I immediately shut my mouth as I uttered her name. She started all this! Gah why do I have to be so dumb?

"Who's Riki?" Aiden asked, sniffling and trying to hold back more tears that manage to slide down.

I opened my mouth to try and cover up for my mistake when a familiar white headed god burst through the door.

"Yukiii!!!!~" Shiro yelled at the top of his lungs as he ran towards me and hugged me real tight.

"Shiro! What the-" I yelled before getting hugged tighter.

"Yuuukiii!! I was so worried! You know how worried I was? Gosh! Riki needs to stop this! She's been put in my brother's realm in the underworld but I can't guarantee that she won't be back I mean, that girl is-hah- she's a handful! My brother can torture her a bit-psshh more like he'll torture her a lot during her stay in the underworld but—" And with that, I cut Shiro off from his rambling by covering his mouth.

"You have a brother, Riki is in the underworld staying with said brother and he'll be torturing her 'til he gets bored. Yes?" I said, not taking my hand off his mouth. Shiro nods and rips my hand off his lips.

"What is going on?! Who is this 'Riki' girl and what the — your brother rules the realm of the underworld?!" Aiden questioned as Shiro stared at him in disinterest.

"Ever heard of the god that created this world? Yeah, that's me." Shiro said bluntly. Aiden's eyes widened but hardened the next second after.

"Uhm, b-but that doesn't answer my questions... And 'god'? 'Creator of this world'? You look like our age!" Kami Shiro sighed as he pulled me closer to him. An unfamiliar emotion passed Aiden's eyes once again, but it was somehow different.