Arc 1.2

Chapter 3

【Host, Ah Bao is going now. Just call me if you need my assistance; Ah Bao will gladly help. And, of course, side missions will be triggered when the conditions are met, just like now, while the main mission will be given after the host encounters the protagonist. Bye bye~ Ah Bao wishes the host good luck~ And one more thing, I have integrated the previous body owner's memories into the host, so you might feel a bit of pain in your head. Ah Bao is going now~】

However, Ah Bao was just lying to him! What a bit! It was on a new level of PAIN that he was experiencing as multiple scenes and memories come rushing to his head like a broken video tape playing in fast forward.

------------------------

"Do you know where this is?" Seeing that Lu Yan shook his head with a puzzled expression on his face, Li Heng continued to say, "This is the place where I buried them."

Lu Yan was oblivious as to what Li Heng was talking about, not understanding the meaning behind his vague words.

Li Heng looked at the pitch-black sky illuminated only by the moon's brightness, his deep and slightly hoarse voice reverberated as he said:

"It all started when her friend asked me out, saying she has something important to tell me. Of course, the naïve me at that time knew nothing better but to be a fool blinded by love. I went up and met her friend; seeing me, she was ecstatic, her eyes glittered as though she was finally seeing her dreams come true. But I shrugged it off. Seeing me seated in front of her, she went straight to the point. Do you know what I felt that time? Or what I was thinking that time?"

Li Heng stopped and turned to look at Lu Yan, who was looking at him seemingly waiting for him to continue, so he did.

"After meeting up, I went home with my emotions in disarray, not wanting to believe what I just heard. I was in denial. I can't accept it. My heart bled just at the thought of it. I wanted to believe that all of it was just a joke being played on me. But who was I lying to? No one but myself. In fact, I knew long ago how their stares at each other looked so different; those two pairs of eyes were full of yearning towards the other, they were in their own world. My heartbreak didn't even last a week, as I encountered another problem. Being in grief at that time, my mind wasn't in its rational state. So, despite my struggles to keep the company, which I have built with sweat and tears, standing, I felt helpless as it came crashing to the ground, ruined completely. Do you know who did it?"

Li Heng stopped again, but this time he didn't turn to look at Lu Yan.

"Ahh right, why am I even asking you? Someone who has grown up sheltered from the schemes of the world wouldn't even know, right?"

Despite being slow, Lu Yan understands the mockery behind Li Heng's words. But what he doesn't understand is the implication behind those words.

"Heng," Lu Yan reached out to touch Li Heng's chilly hands cooled by the night's winds.

But as though he was disgusted, Li Heng forcefully pulled his hands out of Lu Yan's grasp.

"Don't you ever touch me!" He said, his eyes screamed repulsion towards him.

"Oh please, stop with the innocent act! I know deep inside you are just as scheming as your family, Lu Yan, the second young master of the Lu family, right?" Li Heng accused, seemingly confident in his words as though it were a fact.

"You....how? When?"

Slow as he is, Lu Yan only focused on the last words he uttered, oblivious to how his identity was revealed.

"Ohh?? Why the shock? You think I wouldn't know? You think I didn't know how you were always following me after reaching the city? Do you think I would remain ignorant of the truth? How naïve! Do you think I wouldn't know you were pulling something behind the scenes? Well, though I don't know what you were doing exactly, but I do know that they were far from good! After all, what do I have to expect from someone whose blood stemmed from the Lu Family, right? That greedy, heartless, scheming family!"

Li Heng gritted his teeth as his angry words were blurted out loud and clear for Lu Yan to hear.

Hearing his words, Lu Yan's complexion turned for the worse. The deafening silence between them lasted for a minute before Lu Yan mockingly laughed at himself: "Hah! Lies...all this time you have been deceiving me."

"It should be deceiving each other," Li Heng rebutted.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Lu Yan questioned sharply.

"Oh? Not acting innocent anymore? Ohh well, might as well tell you." With a sneer on his lips, Li Heng said.

"Do you know that my anger for your family isn't only because of what they did to my company? I'm sure you don't, so I ain't gonna tell you. However, I will let you feel all the hatred and pain bubbling up inside me. I'll torture you slowly until I finally get tired of venting out all of these pent-up emotions. Why? Because your family got it all light, their suffering didn't even last long for me to vent. So, you, as the last member of that wrecked family, will experience it in their place." Whispering so closely to Lu Yan's ear, Li Heng said with his words glazed with cold anger and poison, causing a shiver to run through Lu Yan's spine.

What followed after was a series of uncontainable shouts and cries, while inside was a man no longer recognizable, completely covered with his blood, labored breaths came out from his mouth... until nothing was left but the deafening silence that once reigned.

------------------------

Before he can even calm his nerves back, he got an automatic prompt from Ah Bao.

Author's Note:

Yeah~~ That's 3 chapters in a row~~ But, I'm still conflicted as to how frequently I should update. But, anyways that's the third chap!! And I don't have any editors nor proofreaders so grammatical errors will be present, just comment 👇 it below. Moving on~~~