Arc 1.3

Chapter 4

【Alert! Protagonist is close by. Estimated distance at 50 meters to the host's right. Main mission: Filling the protagonist's pit holes.】

At that, Lu Yan immediately turned to his right, only to see someone bubbling vertically in the sea, thrashing his arms around completely unable to call for help. Lu Yan knew for sure that was the protagonist, thus without a second thought, he makes a run for it and swims towards the drowning man. When he neared him, Lu Yan shouted, "Grab my hand." Pulling the person safely out of the water and swimming him back to the dry ground.

Seeing the man unconscious and barely breathing, he was left with no other choice. Lu Yan leaned over and gently pressed his lips over the chapped and chilled lips under him.

Flustered and nervous as this was the first time he was doing it, Lu Yan backed up a bit but a second after pressed his lips again against those plump but cold lips before him with his eyes closed, totally unaware of two black orbs under him looking as if wanting to bore his gaze at the face plastered to his.

Pulling his face back, Lu Yan stared at the person below, who was currently scrutinizing him up and down. Feeling awkward at his gaze, Lu Yan turned away and stood up.

"I see that you're okay now, no need for thanks. Bye." And with that, Lu Yan turned his back from the protagonist, only to stop when he felt something grabbing his ankle. Looking down, he noticed the death grip of Li Heng on him, not letting him proceed another step.

"Ahm, can you let go now? I have to go. So..." Before he can even finish his words, Li Heng cut him off.

"Don't go. Please?" He begged, as though Lu Yan was his only saving grace. Feeling helpless and conflicted as to what he should do, Lu Yan squatted down to stare at Li Heng, he drew his breath and said.

"Look, we are both strangers to each other. I don't know you and you don't know me. And besides, I only saved you because if I don't, my conscience won't stop bothering me." Despite saying that, Lu Yan thought to himself that it's Ah Bao's annoying alert prompts that are bothering him. But alas, he can't say that, so he'll just make do with this so-called nonexistent conscience of his.

"And besides, you're awake now, and looking at you, you don't seem injured or hurt. So, I say let's part ways now, ok?" Lu Yan continued but then again was stopped by Li Heng.

"NO!" Li Heng shouted seemingly aggrieved at what Lu Yan had said. He coughed and changed his tone after seeing Lu Yan's rounded shocked eyes. "I mean I sprained my ankle and can't you just help me a bit? I don't know where this place is. And don't even talk about money as I don't have a single thing on me aside from drenched clothes and a broken phone, can you really bear to see me walk wet and limp around this unknown place? Will your conscience not bother you?"

Now, Li Heng is even using the pity card on Lu Yan, wanting to trip him with guilt but sadly as mentioned before Lu Yan's conscience is even below the zero line. Actually, many have stated that Lu Yan was such an unfeeling person, but Lu Yin knew that it wasn't it; it was just he categorized everyone as the people he treasured and the people who just existed. Thus, the difference in treatment, so in Lu Yan's mind nothing is morally wrong or right; there is just something that harms him and his treasures and something that doesn't.

So, in this situation, Lu Yan sees that not helping the protagonist will result in the failure of his mission, and that equates to what Ah Bao mentioned to him earlier - the varying punishments and curses. Lu Yan, not wanting any of that, decided to take the pretending limp Li Heng back to his villa, which he already knew together with all of the previous Lu Yan's memory.

When they got inside, Lu Yan immediately dumped the wet Li Heng on the sofa not minding that the guy might dirty it. And what's there to care about anyway; it's not even his. Then after he walks towards his room to get a change of clothes as he was also wet from half carrying half dragging the tall and handsome guy, who was now lying on his couch following him with his gaze.

But Lu Yan didn't mind though, just that he felt a bit awkward from the attention he is getting. He was always been like this; others' attention makes him flustered and awkward, if this happens to his previous body then he'll be all fidgety and red as a tomato. But Lu Yan guesses Ah Bao's A++ gold item is quite effective as his usual poker face is on, with no sign of cracking, truly amazing!

After changing his clothes in the bathroom as he doesn't want someone peeking at him while he was changing, he walked out and grabbed the clothes he took before from his wardrobe and waltzed his way towards Li Heng.

"Here, I don't have anything with your size so please make do with this first. I'll buy you some when I go shopping later." Lu Yan said after handing over a white medium shirt with dark blue checkered boxers; his pants are all small so Li Heng would surely won't fit on any of those so he didn't bother to get him one.

"En. Thanks, but can you help me..." Li Heng nodded and thanked but didn't finish his sentence as his gaze motioned towards the bathroom. Lu Yan, understanding what he meant, didn't respond but directly pulled Li Heng's arm and circled it around his neck, while his other hand was attached to Li Heng's waist to support him as they both walked towards the bathroom, plastered together with no space in between. After helping Li Heng sit on the toilet, Lu Yan turned and said not one word as he got out and closed the door.

Then, after Li Heng changed, Lu Yan turned the TV on as they both silently watched with no words exchanged between them, as though they entered a tacit understanding of silence. But alas, it was just that both of them didn't know what to talk about, thus the silence reigned. Hours passed, and Lu Yan got up from his seat and walked towards his room. When he got out, he had a blue denim jacket on with a metal-framed geek round eyeglass on his face. It's not that Lu Yan wants to be fashionable or anything; it's just that this world's Lu Yan was near-sighted, so he wears contacts or glasses. But Lu Yan removed the contacts earlier as he felt they were annoying in his eyes; thus, when he could no longer bear any of that, he switched to wearing glasses, which the previous Lu Yan had as a spare.

"Where are you going?" Seeing him all prepared and ready, Li Heng interrogatively asks with his brows lifted in an arch.

Author's Note:

Hooray! A chapter? Oh yes, it is! Anyway, please vote and comment if you like this! As the genre this is under, which is fan fiction, expect that like how the system story this was inspired of, there might also be parts wherein there are similarities but other than that everything is mine. Well, aside from the video above, of course, that isn't mine. The songs 👆 up until now are from Lun Sang, one of my faves.

Oh with that chapter done, moving on!