Arc 1.4

Chapter 5

"Where are you going?" Seeing him all prepared and ready, Li Heng interrogatively asks with his brows lifted in an arch.

"Hm? Shopping. You stay here and guard the house; I can't take you with me; you're heavy." Lu Yan looked at Li Heng directly and answered straightforwardly, then turned to walk towards the door, not letting Li Heng question him further.

When Lu Yan returned, Li Heng had already resumed his spot as though he hadn't moved at all.

"I'm back. What do you want for dinner? And here are some clothes; I don't know if you'll like them because I just picked some based on your estimated size..." As he said the last words, his voice prolonged a bit while his eyes trailed along Li Heng's body, only stopping at the bottom, and back to his face again, while doing so his face remained cold and indifferent, totally opposite to what he was thinking.

Hmmm, aside from the face that's totally befitting a protagonist, his body's sexiness is nonetheless one of the best he has seen so far; truly the world-chosen son. Lu Yan let out the air he was holding in as he reminisced in his not so pure but bordering licentious mind on how hot his target is, who surprisingly is his type of man. Seeing that the previous Lu Yan also likes this man, he absolutely approves his taste.

"You've decided?" He asked, his eyes boring into Li Heng's dark ones. He didn't get an answer but a nod instead, seeing that he turned and walked towards the counter to prepare. With Lu Yan's back facing Li Heng, he didn't notice the eyes that turned a bit darker as he hanged the apron around his milky white neck and knotted it around his slim waist. Totally oblivious to the bobbing throat behind him, Lu Yan once again questioned, "So, what do you want for dinner?"

"I want some chicken." Li Heng answered with a slightly hoarse voice.

"Any allergies?" Not minding a broad answer, Lu Yan continued questioning him while preparing to cook some rice in an electronic cooker.

In a short time, Lu Yan efficiently cooked Kung Pao chicken, his movements precise and quick. In less than 30 minutes, the dish was ready to be served. Plates of steaming rice with Kung Pao chicken adorned with green onions and peanuts looked appetizing.

"I'll cook some Kung Pao chicken. It won't take long," Lu Yan stated, showing confidence in his culinary skills.

They spent their 3 months together harmoniously, with Lu Yan being the diligent housewife and Li Heng being the limped husband who spent his days idling around and dropping comments about how Lu Yan is good at everything. Despite being ignored, he was quite persistent in making topics that might interest Lu Yan and indulge him in talking. Such wishful thinking was mercilessly shot by Lu Yan's cold and indifferent eyes. These days that they spent together, Li Heng discovered that Lu Yan is not very fond of talking; the words he says to him a day can even be counted on his fingers.

But despite that, he very much appreciated the other party's care. He never even once asked him for payment, which makes him think that there are still a bunch of idiotically kind people in this world. Good thing he hasn't encountered a scum that will only use him. Such a biased statement, Li Heng certainly didn't think that Lu Yan has long ago labeled him as scum with an added adjective of sexy and handsome, which was his only remaining grace. Else Lu Yan will really not bother with him, cause Ah Bao didn't issue any tasks since the last side mission of saving the drowning Li Heng, which frustrates him as he didn't know what to do next, thus ending with him reluctantly letting the protagonist leech off him.

Lu Yan exhaled, thinking when will he ever finish his mission if Ah Bao didn't give him any tasks to do, cause seriously how will he even fill the protagonist pitholes if he didn't even know it?! So frustrating! The only good thing at the moment is that the protagonist isn't a bad person, well aside from being annoying.

And he never once called him his name as based on the plot the protagonist has amnesia at the moment and besides he doesn't want to remind him of the things he wants to forget, that's just being mean.

However, since Li Heng can't read into Lu Yan's mind he mistakenly taught that he was simply uninterested in knowing something about him which upsets him.

Was it that hard to ask a few questions to a stranger whom you pick up on the beach? Or was he treating him as a pet he was currently raising? Never once did he think that Lu Yan has already deemed him amnesiac thus didn't want to rub salt on his wounds.

But as they say, happy times end too quickly. As Ah Bao's long-forgotten mechanical voice sounded in Lu Yan's mind, which startled him into dropping the plate he was washing.

【Host, it's about time for the protagonist to regain his memories based on the plot. Ah Bao wants to alert host in case you have forgotten.】

Author's Notes:

An update? Hell yah! Sorry about the delay, I got caught up in my exams, so got no time.... But, anyway thanks for all the votes, likes, comments, follows and especially your support!!! I really appreciated it! 😄😄😄 And yes, another Lun Sang song 👆above!! 😂