Mission 1.10

Momo's breath hitched as her eyes scanned the page in its entirety. She felt stupid, betrayed, lied to. Tears glistened in her eyes, threatening to fall. How could she have not known. She was too wound by her own feelings to even question anything. She immediately ran down the hall, out the lobby, to her car.

"Hey, Momoring, what's wrong?" The girl scoffed as she drove down the street aimlessly. "You've been lying to me this whole time!" Although she couldn't see it, Momo knew she was making a confused face. "You've been lying to me this whole time!!" More tears pricked her eyes. "Momo, calm down. What's going on?" Any second more Momo knew she would've lost it so she hung up the phone. She gathered her belongings and went back up to her room. Not even two minutes later, a quick knock sounded on her door. The Japanese pulled the door opened but quickly tried to close it. "Momo, talk to me. What's going on?" Jeongyeon pushed the door open and let herself in. "Explain this you liar!" The erratic girl threw the pictures in the agents face as she paced back and forth. "You lied! You LIED! YOU LIED TO ME!" Jeongyeon scanned the pictures and immediately groaned. "Momo, I can-" She held up a shaky hand. "I don't want an explanation. I don't care about your explanation! You lied! What do you think would've happen if you told me the truth, HUH?!?!" Jeongyeon sighed. "I couldn't Momo. You don't understand." "Oh, I understand plenty. You lied to protect yourself. You didn't care about me." Fresh tears came rolling down her cheeks. "Look Momo. Yes, I lied. I had to. I can't compromise myself. It's a part of the job." Momo scoffed. "Look, I'm a secret agent. I save and protect people from people who want them dead. If I get compromised then I lose my job and life. I had to. I had no choice." Momo didn't care. "So you did this for the money." Jeongyeon nodded as she hung her head low. "I hate you. I HATE YOU!!" The crying girl pushed the older until she was pressed up against the door, after that she drew her hands into tiny fists and began pounding away at the agent. "I'm sorry Momo." She stopped. "You're sorry?! YOU'RE SORRY!! SORRY DOESN'T FIX MY BROKEN HEART! I LOVED YOU! I THOUGHT ABOUT TAKING YOU BACK TO KOREA WITH ME BUT IT TURNS OUT EVERYTHING I KNEW ABOUT YOU WAS A LIE! EVERYTHING!!" Momo pulled at her hair as she paced back and forth again. "Nothing but my job was a lie Momo. I love you too." Tears threatened to fall for Jeongyeon. "Get out. I can't look at you." Jeongyeon approached the unstable girl. "I SAID GET OUT!! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" The words hit Jeongyeon hard as she backed away from the girl and opened the door. "I'm sorry Momo." That was the last thing she said before she closed the door behind her. As soon as the door closed Momo went insane. She threw pillows, blankets, the phone, anything she could get her hands on. Words couldn't express how she currently felt. Betrayal was an understatement. Momo collapsed on her knees and let everything out. She sobbed uncontrollably in the middle of the trashed hotel room.

The sound of a phone ringing woke the depressed girl up. She didn't feel like answering any calls today. She didn't feel like doing anything today. She didn't feel like living today. Sadly, she knew she couldn't sit around and do nothing. She rose to her feet and answered the call before it disappeared. "Momo." She croaked. "Hey, Moguri. Are you okay?" The soft voice spoke on the other line. "I'm fine Mina. Why'd you call?" The Japanese CEO sighed. "I just wanted to tell you something but it's okay. You're not in the proper mental state so I'll just tell you when you are." the other CEO breathed softly. "I gotta go." Not giving the other a chance to say anything, Momo hung up the phone and proceeded the gather her things working around the mess in the room. All the memories from last night came crashing into her all at once. The yelling, the explanations, the betrayal, the confessions, it was all to much for the girl as she began to wail.

A firm knock in the door startled the crying girl. She blew her nose and started for the door. She swung it open to be greeted with a short police officer with the nametag, Son.

"Good morning Miss. Hirai, I'm here to escort you to the airport. I apologize but Officer Chou has been infinitely suspended from the force so I'll be with you for this short while." The CEO just blinked at the woman in uniform. She mumbled an 'Okay' before grabbing her bag and rolling it out the door. "I can take it for you ma'am." Momo nodded softly as she release the item and allowed the officer to lift it up. The walk to the car was silent and so was the ride to the airport. Once they arrived, the officer helped her check in, go through security, and even waited with her until she was sure Momo was safe on the aircraft. It wasn't until she was aboard her jet when she was reunited with her previous guard that hmwas supposed to escort her to her hotel the first day. He bowed and welcomed her back while she simply nodded.

The Japanese CEO didn't sleep a wink on the 2 hour long flight. She couldn't. Her mind kept racing from how Jeongyeon had lied to her to what else the girl could be lying about. Momo was no longer sad about Jeongyeon lying she was mad. Mad at herself for falling for her. Mad at herself for getting close to her. Mad at herself for STILL being in love with her.