5

-Edited-

Naruto jolted up off the grass, blinking a few times to get rid of the sleep in his eyes. The moon was up high in the sky, it's silvery glow lighting up the night sky and illuminating the training ground. Although it should have been dark — it was nighttime after all — Naruto could see perfectly fine down to the tiniest detail of the leaves that were above him, the small bugs that walked on them, even when the trees shaded most of the moonlight from view.

Trudging almost silently through the thick trees away from the clearing, Naruto watched in awe and wonder as life moved around like he had never before seen. Animals that would lay low during the day had emerged and wandered through the forest, and fireflies flew around him as if they were the constellations, bright and beautiful. It was pure magic, and he doubted that many people in Konoha would have seen something like this even when it was right in their village.

"Do you like my gift, boy? The all seeing eyes of the Kyuubi, immune to all illusions, able to pick out the most minuscule details in the users surroundings, and of course, the ability to see perfectly clear in the dark." The Kyuubi's voice rung in his head loud and clear, and made Naruto shiver, both because of the nicer tone that he didn't think was possible, especially from something that should hate him for being his jailor, and the suddenness of it all. Everything that happened to him was within a few hours, from unlocking his chakra to meeting the Kyuubi and now these strange changes.

"What exactly did you do to me, Kyuubi? I'm willing to bet that isn't the only thing, is this some part of your plan to help train me?" Naruto murmured, eyes subconsciously scanning the area for a water source. He was thirsty after spending so long outside, his mouth dry. It didn't take too long for him to find one, and he began to drink some water as the beast sealed inside of him began to speak once more.

"Clever boy, I am to blame for these changes. I let some of my chakra into you while your levels were low, as much as I could because of the seal, and it allowed me to make you better, you might say." Naruto could practically feel the fox wearing his sly grin, a strange sense of joy coming from the beast.

"Better? In what ways... you did do this without my consent so you better speak up," he told him, sitting up and dipping his feet into the stream to wash off some of the grime that came from multiple days outside without bathing.

"For now, all I have done is enhanced your brain by inserting knowledge, sort of like giving you memories of other people learning that make you learn those things too, if that makes sense. Thus allowing you to pick up new skills faster, have more knowledge about speaking which allows your speech to be more sophisticated and less... childish, and increasing your memory. I have also given you the first stage of your dojutsu, the Katongan, which has the skills I told you earlier in terms of sight and seeing through illusions. There will be more in the future when you actually activate your doujutsu, since those are just the passive effects, but for now those skills shall suffice. With the amount of potential you have, boy, it shall not be long before you reach your goal." With that, the Kyuubi's voice faded away, leaving the grounds silent, except for the wildlife around him. They had been silent before, the conversation was all in Naruto's head, but it seemed more quiet now.

Naruto pondered what the Kyuubi had said, eyes following the movements of animals that roamed. He knew he would need some food, but he would have to wait. He had been longer without eating, after all, so he knew he could last, but he was still hungry.

His mind was occupied with new questions, wanting to know even more ever since he met the beast. What was his goal? He didn't have one yet, at least he thought he didn't, but deep down he knew. He wanted to become strong, both to show his family that he could be a good ninja in the hopes they would accept him, but also to protect the precious people in his life. He did have people that cared for him, and that he cared for too, and those people were important. He didn't want to stray down the path of vengeance just because he'd had a hard life, that was also his goal.