30

Daidai, Hinata, Sasuke and Gai were kneeling infront of the Hokage, alongside Kakashi, Motoshi, and Neji. Katsuko was already on a different mission with a team of chūnin and so wasn't called to be with them. This wasn't Daidai's first mission as a chūnin - he'd been going on missions with Sasuke and Hinata for two months now. They worked well together, though not quite as well as they'd previously worked with Lee. The other boy was still in rehab for his injuries, but would be better and back on missions in a few weeks. Currently, the group were receiving a mission. It was classified as a C-rank, but after some investigation (courtesy of Daidai, Itachi and Hibiki) they discovered the true ranking and the reason why it was covered up.

"This mission is to a place called wave country. The true rank is an A rank, higher than what I would usually give to a chūnin team. However, with five exceptionally strong chūnin and two of our best jounin I don't see that there will be a problem with completing this mission. However, it will be a difficult one and there will be fighting with enemy ninja. You must all ensure you listen to your superiors. Kakashi is the leader on this mission, followed by Gai, and in the case that you chūnin are separated from the jounin Daidai shall take the lead. He has been to wave country before, he knows the layout and he has shown to have excellent leadership skills in the two months he's been a chūnin," Minato explained to them, looking particularly at Motoshi and Neji. The two looked extremely annoyed that Daidai would be third in command, as he had been the chūnin for the least amount of time. Still, they had learnt quite well that they would not be treated better by Minato if they pulled the 'Hokage's son/elite Hyuuga' card and accepted it despite seething quietly. Hinata and Sasuke agreed wholeheartedly, knowing that Daidai had made good calls on their missions and seeing the reasoning behind his position.

"To continue on. A few years prior to this, wave country was threatened to be taken over by a man named Gato and his bandits. There was an anbu mission with Hebi, Weasel and Hitsuji, in which their base was destroyed and Gato, the bandits and some others involved were killed to prevent it from happening. Wave has been a good source of trade for us for a while, after all. However, recently there have been some stirrings that another attack will be tried again, but this time not with bandits. Just a few days ago their bridge was destroyed, making trade extremely difficult now that they were accustomed to using the bridge. Their bridge builder was in our village working on some other carpentry, and the assigned mission was to escort him back to wave country. However, while you are there you must not only protect the bridge builder so that he can aid with the rebuild of the bridge, you must dispose of the organisation and then protect the area as the bridge is rebuilt. Normally I would send Anbu to do this mission, and I will have Hebi and Weasel accompany you for when it comes to actually fighting, but they have paid for us to escort the bridge builder and he does need to be safely taken home."

Daidai had figured that this was going to happen, he'd been there himself in wave. He'd seen the condition that everything was in, he'd seen their base. He'd seen the enemies, multiple A-rank ninja as well as two S-rank ninja. They needed all the people that they could get to do this mission, that was certain. He knew that Hinata and Sasuke were capable of handling it, they had both killed on the missions they had been on when they'd needed too, even though they expressed their dislike towards the act. The biggest issues were Motoshi and Neji. The pair were both stuck up and probably wouldn't listen to his orders if he gave any. He knew they had killed before, but it was only once or twice. They were strong, but if they hesitated at the last minute... as much as he disliked the pair he didn't want to have to have their deaths on his consciousness.

The group all nodded in understanding, standing up and looking at their leader. "Understood," they chimed in unison, varied levels of enthusiasm in their voices. Moments later, Hebi and Weasel appeared beside them, fully dressed in their Anbu gear, nodding in understanding but staying silent. Sasuke's eyes widened, but he kept his lips shut, not making any other signs that he knew his brother was the one behind the mask.