18

Anko had strict training, to say the very least. While most people would expect it to be more like torture than training (in some ways that could be considered true), she got down to business when she needed to. Not that Daidai messed up very much, or caused her any trouble, but they were dealing with poisons and other things and she didn't want anything to happen to him before the exam. Sure, she had the antidotes, but depending on the poison it could have a lasting effect on the body, meaning that even if he did manage to get better before the test, he would miss out on vital training.

Every day Naruto would go from five am until eleven thirty with Anko, creating one hundred shadow clones to do the work. He split them up, of course, but that meant he still for twenty seven days worth of learning done in one morning. The next half hour was spent dispelling the clones, to stop such a big backlash of information from putting a strain on his mind. It was a lot to take in after all, and usually he'd spend an hour at the end of the day doing so while the original had food and a bath, but they didn't have the time to waste and it was only half of the day instead of a whole day.

The work that they did was as discussed, things on poisons, trap making, survival skills, infiltration and stealth, and torture and interrogation. It was a big course, to be fair, and Anko did end up bringing Ibiki a couple of days in to help with the torture and interrogation section so she could focus on other things with the other clones. It was very good that they had six days of doing this after the initial day of skills testing, and with clones that was the equivalent of roughly five and a half months worth of learning. Usually Naruto was much less intense when it came to training, partly because of the strains on his body and partly because he wasn't spending every waking hour training, but it certainly did wonders for his skills. They wouldn't be perfect, but it was definitely an improvement and both Anko and Ibiki said he was welcome to come to them for any more advice he needed on any of the subjects learnt.

As his clones dispelled, he himself would eat lunch, which three of the clones would prepare during the training. They would have to hunt and gather food, skin whatever meat they found and identify any fruits or ingredients they used to make sure they were safe, and then create a fire to cook it and boil water. He just rested up for the half an hour until Kakashi was there, and then most of the process began once again, except while learning different skills.

His original body would do intense training, with Kakashi bringing in Gai to help 'encourage' him to do better in physical training. It was more than what he usually did, which was already quite a lot, and it often left his body aching at the end of the day. Training with the seals that increased the pressure being put on his body was increased, as well. As soon as his body had adjusted, it was increased, and he would repeat the regimen again. It was a wonder he could still stand when he was finished for the day, because Gai was an absolute slave driver when it came to being physical. He had to meet his standards or else he would have to do even more of the activities, and while it did help he was still not sure what good it would do in only a week. A lot, apparently, because by the end of it he was much faster than he had previously been. Even reducing the seals to half the pressure he was faster than he had been without the seals, and that was a sure sign of something working.

While he did that, his clones split up into different groups. These ones were working with Kakashi on various things such as jutsu, accuracy with shuriken and kunai, and other things that might be needed. It didn't seem like very much work had to be done with Kakashi, but it did help him improve on the skills that he already had. He was given more jutsu to use in his arsenal, as while Kurama could have taught him some it was easier to let Kakashi teach him so people wouldn't question where he learnt such powerful jutsu at a young age. He had already done elemental manipulation training with Kurama, which he could claim he was taught how to do under the guidance of Tsunade and Shizune, which was why he didn't have to waste time cutting a leaf with his chakra or setting a leaf on fire, since he had already done it.