6

-Edited-

Naruto ran home rejuvenated after a filling breakfast and talk with both Shizune and Kurama. He was amazed that the fox told Naruto his name, but glad none the less.

By the time Naruto reached home, it was about 10am, and his parents would be training Motoshi and Katsuko by now. Knowing this, he went through the front door quietly, and tip-toed up into his room. Everything was as he had left it, and he gave out a sigh of relief that nobody had found him. He knew that eventually he would be found out by someone unless he moved somewhere else away from his biological family, but at least he wasn't in a place where his home would be robbed by outsiders.

He sneaked into the bathroom with one of his few pairs of clothes, completely black with no clam symbols on it from his room, and had a quick wash so that he wouldn't be as suspicious looking, before entering his room again.

Pulling out the scrolls from the library, Naruto looked towards the jutsu's eagerly, starting to read a jutsu. It was one called the clone jutsu, the one used in the academy, and he thought he would be really cool if he could do it.

"Kid, that is not the way to be going about this." A voice rung out in Naruto's head, not overly loud, but clear. It made him shudder a bit, there was a sternness to his words that he hadn't wanted to hear from the fox.

"I've used this before, but I didn't explain what it was. This is called a mental link, brat. I opened one up during the changes I made, for convenience sake." After a quick nod from Naruto, he continued. "Start with the scroll on chakra control first. As a being with massive amounts of chakra, I understand the need for control, as you will learn too. You had massive reserves before, a benefit of being an Uzumaki, but it has been boosted by my presence in your body and it will continue to grow, so it is essential to learn how to control your chakra."

"Okay Kurama, whatever you say." Naruto complained. He was hoping to get onto the cool, flashy jutsu straight away. That would make his mother and father proud, if he was strong, right? This didn't seem to be the case, and that annoyed him slightly. Wasn't being a ninja about having the best jutsu to take down your enemy?

"Kid, most people would wait to tell you these things, but if you are going to achieve your goal, become strong, you need to understand this. Pay good attention, I refuse to explain twice." Naruto was confused as to what could possibly be so serious about being a ninja, he was never really informed well about the subject so he didn't understand the lack of justice in the job. He whined a bit, but agreed to listen anyway, not fully prepared for what he was about to be told.

Taking a deep breath, Kurama sighed. This kid was smarter than most, and as cruel as he was, breaking a child's innocence about the ninja world was always hard, even when they were teenagers. They would all have to learn about taking another humans life, torture, and many other things eventually, and Kurama just didn't want Naruto to naively go about his goal not knowing what he was getting into when he signed up to be a ninja.

"Look, you may think that having the flashy jutsu, or cool ninja powers is going to mean everything in life is a breeze. You get good pay, and become famous while you are having fun beating everyone in the ninja world left right and center. You're strong, life is perfect, like the Hokage. He seems to have it all good, all perfect.

The truth, however long it may take you to accept, is that being a ninja is a dangerous job, and many people you love and care for get killed. You learn not to trust anybody but yourself, even your comrades could be working for the enemy. The things you see, the things you have to do with your own hands by order of the village, and for the sake of your comrades, it's despicable."