Chapter 15

Edited.

Chase's POV

After catching my breath quicker than she did. I kept my eyes on her. She's a sight. I shouldn't be falling for her or I might just break.

The kiss was not this passionate with Tara. I tried to get away from her but why can't I?

She blushed and I think it's because the kiss took her off guard. She looks really cute when she blushes. She looked up at me. She has eyes that I can easily get lost in. I just have to tell her the truth, somehow.

"You are really beautiful. I can look at your eyes forever. I know this is so soon but once I saw you that night, I just started falling for you. And I'm scared this is not good." Thinking about all the consequences of being close to her is terrible.

"I still don't understand why you're scared. What are you scared of?" she asked I can see the confusion written all over my face.

"You won't understand." she really won't. She might even run away from me when she hears the type of thing I do. She might even be scared of me.

"Then make me." she said trying to search my eyes for answers. I should just tell her and get it off my shoulders. But I'm just really scared, I'm shaking for the first time. I don't want to like her but I can't. I feel so weak and soft around her. She just has this button to control me. Let me try and tell her. See how it goes. Maybe if she runs away from me, I'll be able to stay away from her.

"I have an idea, why don't we just talk at the Starbucks tomorrow. Is that cool?"

"Yeah cool. See you tomorrow then." she said. She was about to come out of the car but I asked the question that has been bothering me for a while now.

"Did you like the kiss?" I asked nervously. Why am I nervous? Chase Martins never gets nervous. Why am I nervous because of a fucking girl?

"Yeah the kiss was fantastic." she said with a huge grin on her face. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"So can I drop you off?" I asked.

"No, it's fine. I just want to walk home. Thanks. Bye." She answered a bit too quickly. She got out of the car.

How am I going to tell her the truth tomorrow? I don't want her to run away from me but at the same time, I do. I just hope she does not leave me as Tara did - that's what I was really scared of.

Talking of gangs, I'll just follow her home. Just to make sure she reaches home safe. I started my car and saw that she has already reached her house. I was about to turn when I heard a girl screaming 'help'. What? Did I hear right or I'm just being paranoid? Since I didn't hear it again, I shrugged it off.

I started the engine of my car to start moving but I heard the girl's voice again.

That voice sound familiar. After my thoughts, I found out it was Ashley's voice. I immediately left my car. While running towards her door. One sentence came to mind.

Whoever hurts my girl is asking for his/her death now.

Once I got in and found out the man in his late forties with a knife in his hand while my princess is on the floor above him crying with bruises almost all over her body. I saw red. I shot the man without even thinking twice.

He froze and the knife on his hand fell off as he turned his face to me before falling. I still stood there angrily with my gun still pointing at the man.

I started boiling up while questions started killing me in the head.

Who was he? Was he her father or anyone related to her? Was he sent by my worse and hated gang leader? Does he always abus-

I was cut off my thoughts when her small figure wrapped her arms around my waist. I looked down to see it was Ashley. I have to get her out of here before expecting the worse.

"It's okay Ashley. We have to leave this place now." I said not waiting for her reply, I carried her bridal style to my car.

This question bothering me:

Who was he?

HI GUYS!!!

PLEASE

VOTE

AND

COMMENT

LOVE YOU ALL!!!💋❤️💗💖😘💕👍