1. The Return

Allison couldn't believe what she was seeing, "oh my gosh. What are you doing here?" The shock filled her body as he whirled around at the sound of her voice. Allison took a step backwards, her eyes stayed glued to him. Allison gulped and blinked her eyes a few times; she was seeing things. She did just die after all. Sort of. Maybe her near death experience messed with her.

"Allie?" He muttered warily as he took a step towards her, "it's alright. It's me, Justin." Allison stood there for a second, staring at him with wide eyes. Allison couldn't take this; it was too much for one night. She jerked her body around and began to sprint down the stairs, but he was right behind her and he tackled her making them tumble down the last few steps. Allison groaned in pain and tried to get up, but he had her pinned down; his hands holding her arms down to stop her from going anywhere. "Get off me!" She yelled.

"No! You need to calm down now!" He yelled right back. Allison glared up at him and then swung her head forward and headbutted him directly in the forehead. He cried out and rolled off her, clutching his head. She got up clumsily and held her head as well. Allison looked around and listened around the house figuring that no one was home yet. Good thing really; they would be freaking out more than her at seeing him.

She stood there and watched him from where he was kneeling on the floor and gulped. "How are you even here?" He looked up at her; looking her up and down. She looked like she'd been through hell and back. Her hair was a curly mess, she had black marks on her clothes and she looked like she could use a good nights sleep. "What happened?" He asked.

Allison narrowed her eyes and walked further back from him, "don't change the subject. I asked how you are here?" He sighed and stood up, "look, we can't talk about that right now." She unfolded her arms and clenched her fists, "why not?" She spat. He held his hands up, "just calm down. Please, Al."

Allison's eye twitched, "DON'T CALL ME THAT!" She bellowed. After a few seconds she fell against the wall and whispered, "why did you leave Justin?" Justin's eyes softened and he walked slowly towards her and sat beside her. He placed a hand around her shoulders and pulled her to his chest. "I'm so sorry, Al. Really, I am."

Allison clutched his shirt tightly; her brother was back. Why was she questioning why he was here? She should be rejoicing; hugging him, begging him never to leave again, but he left her all alone with her horrible father without a word. She realized a long time ago that everybody leaves in the end.

Allison tried to hold back the tears as they sat together, but after everything; Shane, being adopted, the lies, almost dying and now this. She couldn't handle it and the tears just poured out of her eyes. She buried her head into his shoulder and sobbed. Justin clutched her closer to him; he hadn't realized how much his disappearance would affect her, but he had left for her, even though it had hurt him just as much as it hurt her. "Why did you leave?" Allison muttered against his shoulder. He rested his head against her head and closed his eyes, "can we not talk about this?"

Allison pulled back, "how can you even ask me that right now?" She demanded in a choked voice. He swallowed, "I'm sorry. Really, I am, but I can't tell you. I-" He turned his head when he heard a car park in the driveway. He pulled away from Allison and stood up. "Allison, you can't tell them that I'm here, okay? Not anyone. Not Elena, Not Bonnie, not anybody, okay?"

Allison stood up quickly, "what? I can't just-" "You have to!" He insisted and made his way to the back door. "Look, I'll come and see you later alright. I promise, just don't tell anyone." And with that he was gone. Allison stood there with tears still running down her face when Lauren, Henry, and Jacob walked in. "Well, that was fun." Jacob announced.

Henry saw Allison first and asked worriedly, "Allison? Sweetheart. Is there something wrong?" Allison was staring off in the direction her brother took off in until she saw her phone flashing on the floor beside her feet. She picked it up and saw that she had two new messages from Elena. One telling her that Caroline was in the hospital which was over an hour ago and the newest one which came a few seconds ago, it asked where she was and for her to come over as soon as possible. "Allie?" Henry said slowly. Allison looked back up at all of them. "Um, I have to go." She said as she ran out of the house and to her car.