Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own the vampire diaries, only the characters I create.

The past couple months have been shadowed in darkness. Allison has been having dreams that are giving her more questions than answers, Damon and Stefan's past has come to haunt them and the Mystic Falls group has gone from one bad day to the next. Allison has learned she was adopted and is somehow connected to E.J., but how they are connected is still a mystery to her and now Katherine has come into the mix. 

Katherine is stirring up trouble for her ex-lovers and the whole of Mystic Falls. Damon will be tested with the past that is Katherine, and secrets will unravel about Elena and Allison's past that will push the boundaries and test all of them. Damon's past may be haunting him, but he won't let it break the ever growing bond he has with Allison. He will stop at nothing to keep her safe from the darkness that threatens to swallow her and their friends even if it means letting the darkness swallow him.  

The darkness has come and the Originals are upon them. Loss will be a part of the deal as it always has been for this group of friends, but it may just break the two girls beyond repair...   After all, the darkness is what binds them all together.