10. The Sacrifice

Allison decided to go home that night and when she walked in the door she looked for her dog Charlie. She hadn't really spent much time with him and honestly, she felt like she could use the company. "Charlie, come ere' boy." She called out in a low whisper as she went towards her room. She opened her bedroom door and Charlie bound towards her when he heard her call. His tail was wagging happily at the sight of her. 

"Boy, am I glad to see you." Allison smiled as she pat Charlie on the head and plopped herself on her bed. Charlie noticed that she seemed upset about something and quickly jumped onto the bed and laid his head across her stomach. She stroked his fur as she was in thought. How the hell were they all going to get out of this alive? What if Klaus already found them? There had to be a way where they could live. She wasn't ready to die, she didn't want to die. Allison's eyes grew heavy with each passing thought and slowly she drifted off to sleep.

Allison woke up when she heard her phone ringing and tried to move, but when she looked down she saw Charlie laying across her stomach

Allison woke up when she heard her phone ringing and tried to move, but when she looked down she saw Charlie laying across her stomach. She nudged him slightly, waking him up. "Hey boy, I need to be able to move." Allison chuckled as Charlie jumped off of her bed and whined in her direction. It was as if the dog could see that she was still upset, no matter how hard she tried to hide it. "I'm alright boy." She cooed. "You made me feel a lot better." She told him before picking up the phone and seeing Damon's name across her screen.

"What is it?" Allison asked, a hint of worry laced in her voice. Ever since she found out that her and Elena were needed for the sacrifice she worried for her friend. "I'm coming to get you and we're going to meet Stefan at Elena's." He tried to quell her worry that was so evidently there. "We have some news." "What kind of news?" "You'll find out soon enough." Damon told her with a chuckle at her eagerness to know. "You're annoying, you know that." "But you love me anyway." Damon smirked. "I love you anyway." She confirmed before hanging up. 

Damon smiled after that conversation. He really hadn't felt this happy in years. Him and Stefan were going to do everything in there power to keep these two safe. He wasn't willing to let the one thing holding him together go. Not without a fight. 

He pulled into her driveway and he saw Allison walk out the door saying goodbye to her dog Charlie before locking the door. She got into his car and he quickly drove off heading towards Elena's house. "So, are you going to tell me what the plan is now?" Allison asked as she peered out the window watching the trees go by. "Stefan and I think we can destroy the moonstone. If we can destroy it there will be no sacrifice." He explained.  

Allison's head quickly snapped in his direction and she could see that he was gauging her reaction as he peered over at her. "How do you plan to do that? It's still in the tomb with Katherine?" "Well, Bonnie agreed to help us and we think we can get it with her help." He told her leaving out the part where they would have to go into the tomb that she was in and hope that Bonnie could keep the seal open long enough for them to get in and out.