5. Kill or Be Killed

Allison woke up with an intake of breath as she hit the ground hard. Her body had rolled right off of Elena's bed and she groaned waking up Elena immediately. "Are you alright?" Elena asked as she leaned over her bed looking down at Allison with a smile trying to hold back her laughter at her friend who had fallen. "Oh yeah, just peachy." Allison said throwing her thumb up in a sarcastic manner.

Allison got up slowly and picked up the pillow and half the blankets that she had taken down with her. "Listen, I have to go and get ready since I got dragged into helping Mrs. Lockwood with the Historical Society Volunteer thingy." Allison said setting the blankets down onto Elena's bed and waving her hands around. 

"You volunteered for that?" Elena asked with a raised eyebrow as she got up and grabbed some clothes from her dresser. "I didn't volunteer." Allison groaned. "I hate this kinda crap, but Mrs. Lockwood cornered me and begged for my help. She played the dead husband card. How do you say no to that?" Allison asked placing her hands on her hips. "You don't." Elena concluded as she turned from her dresser and gave her friend a friendly pat on the shoulder. Allison sighed and headed towards her door. "I'll catch you later." Elena waved her friend off and headed towards the bathroom.

Allison arrived and got out of her car looking around at all the people volunteering to help build the park

Allison arrived and got out of her car looking around at all the people volunteering to help build the park. Why did they even need her if their were this many people already helping out? She thought as she started walking up the hill towards where she could see Mrs. Lockwood giving a speech. She got to the top and crossed her arms listening. "This is all part of the historical society, continuing efforts to give back to the community. Thanks to the generous donation of the Fell family." Allison rolled her eyes at the mention of the Fell's. "We are now standing on the sight of our newest public park. Thank you to everyone who has shown up today to lend a helping hand. Thanks." 

Allison turned from the group that had formed around Mrs. Lockwood to go and find Elena when Mrs. Lockwood called out to her. "Oh, Allison dear." Allison stopped and sighed heavily before turning around with a fake smile. "Hi Mrs. Lockwood." Carol smiled sweetly and grabbed Allison's hand. "Allison, thank you so much for coming to help." Allison simply nodded. "Yeah, no problem." She pointed her thumb in the direction where she noticed Elena and Caroline painting. "I am going to go help out right now." 

Carol tightened her grip on Allison's hand not letting her leave. "Actually, Mason asked that you help him." Allison raised her eyebrow and looked over to where Mrs. Lockwood pointed Mason out. He was lifting boxes out of his truck when he turned in their direction and waved. Carol smiled and waved back before looking back to Allison. "I told him that would be no problem." 

Allison was about to protest. She didn't want to be anywhere near Mason after what happened last night, but Carol didn't allow her to get a word in. "Oh please, Allison." She begged. "No one has offered to help him and my husband would normally do the heavy lifting, but..." Allison wanted to roll her eyes at Carol. She hated that she kept using the dead husband card, but knowing Carol, she would continue. "Fine." Allison agreed.