Part 11

Flashback continue...

Omkara's POV

When we entered the exhibition hall I faced the biggest shock of my life...
The role model of mine, the person who promised me to help me getting recognition is claiming my hard work as his own. I was furious... How can he do like that?? I pacified my mind telling no.. what I'm seeing is something wrong. A person like him will never stole someone else's creativity. The amount of hardwork and involvement I put for this exhibition is beyond anything. But one look at my family and seeing their shocked and broken state I know what I saw is true. Dad and Shivaay was on edge that if given chance they will bounce at him. But I stopped them from doing any because I promised myself I will not get any of the family support as dad said earlier. He was dejected. He felt guilty for keeping such kind of condition on first place. He very well knew if I promised myself in any matter no matter what I will not break it. I assured him I'll handle this situation and sent them back from there. Though they didn't agree I forced them to go. And to get the answers I furiously went to that cheat....

Me- (controlling my anger) Mr. Abhimanyu. What are you doing? Why are you claiming my paintings as yours?

Abhimanyu who was speaking with someother person excused himself from there and dragged me to some corner place

Me- (gritting my teeth) I'm asking you again Mr. Raheja what the hell are you doing?

Abhimanyu- (in a calm tone) What am I doing? Can't you see I'm exhibiting my paintings to the world.

Me- (mockingly) Your paintings??? Stop cracking stupid jokes. From when my paintings became yours?

Abhimanyu- From the day you literally begged me

Me- (in anger clutching his collar) I never begged anyone... First of all how dare you claim my hardwork you cheat?? Is this how you keeping your promises?

Abhimanyu- (letting an evil laugh) Haan yes... What did you think that I'll introduce you to the world and reduce my market? I must say young man. Your paintings are impressive. But there should be only one who is best and that too only me. I'll never ever let anyone claim my place because I'm the king of Art world

That time I saw an evil man full of jealousy. That moment I lost all the respect I had for him. For securing his position he dumped me. Anger raised inside me for thinking him as my role model all these days in first place. That was the limit for me. I grapped his neck and pushed him to the wall and warned him....

Me- What do you think of your self? If you claim my these works I will be shattered.  No I can come up with much more better ideas and can succeed. And mind yourself that you messed with an Oberoi. You do know the consequences of messing with us

For a moment he looked scared but next moment he was back to his old creepy self. With a evil grin he pushed me aside and said

Abhimanyu- Oberois can rule in business but not in my industry. Shall I show you a demo!!

With that he dragged me to main hall and gathered the media

Abhimanyu- Dear ladies and gentlemen. Look at this young man standing here cracking a biggest joke. That all these paintings and sculptures are created by him. Can you all beleive that this man who doesn't have single background of anything related to art is claiming these master pieces done by me as his, that too in my exhibition which was scheduled a month back. You all very well know about me and my talent. He is threatening me saying he is an Oberoi and he can do anything. See how Oberois are. After being successful in business now they are targeting art feild too. I think whatever success they got is by cheating only...

My blood boiled seeing him talking ill about my family. He dare to speak like that to me. In anger I bounced at him not caring about the people around. My that act turned the table to his side. Already no one beleived me because whatever Abhimanyu said is on his favour. Who will beleive me that I did all paintings on his exhibition. No one knew what happened behind the scenes. After all accusations passed on me dejected I returned home.

I felt guilty to see whole family shattered because of me. I didn't utter anything to them and silently went to my room. Last thing I saw was Khushi angrily stormed out of home.
By evening I felt restless that something bad is going to happen. I heard my phone ringing but I ignored it. But it started ringing again. Frustrated I attended the call without seeing the caller id. Whatever I heard is Khushi's shattered voice shivering with fear "Om please help me!! I'm at Abhimanyu's place" And the line went off. With panick filled I shouted for family and soon with ShivRu we left to that creep's place....

When we went inside whatever we saw shocked us to the core...
There.... there I saw... Abhimanyu trying to man handle Khushi. Soon all three of us fight with him and saved her from that creep. That is the limit... He not only dumped me and insulted my family... he tried to molest my sister too... with fury we hit him black and blue until blood oozed from his body. Soon police arrived and they arrested that creep. There we saw our Khushi in a devasted state.. dress torn, bruises on body and hair misplaced. Our heart sank in agony seeing her like that.

It took almost 3 months to get back Khushi's state of mind. She feared if any person came near her. Nothing was right in family. All were shatterd to see our Khushi like that. Every night she got panick attacks. It took several psychological treatments to get her back. But we failed in that. We couldn't bring back that old chirpy, bubbly, fun loving Khushi whose face is adorned by smile all the time. The one who couldn't stop talking became silent.

More than a sister she is my best friend. We often share all the matters happening in our lives. In short she is my life along with ShivRu. I felt responsible for her this state. It broke my heart to see her like that and guilt over power me because I'm the main reason for her this state. If I didn't chose art as my career or if I didn't blindly believe that creep or if I didn't allowed Khushi to go there alone she would not have been in this state. At that moment I promised my self I'll never ever getting back to painting or things related to it. I want to erase that phase of my life where art was everything for me.

After few months after Khushi became somewhat normal she said she want to study in Harvard University. She is a changed person now. Except us in family she distanced all men. Infact she hated all men. We lost the old Khushi completely. She became cold and ruthless to the world. Even me tried to move on and took charge of ShivOmRu constructions along with Shivaay. Our life changed completely... I'm never gonna be back to art which took the happiness of My Khushi.....

Flashback ends...

Tears started flowing from my eyes remembering all these incidents. That's why I shouted at Gauri. But I know what I did is wrong. I'm gonna apologise to her for all I said in anger. I can't lose my friend. After Khushi and ShivRu she is the only one with whom I'm so open for the first time. With determination to seek apology from Gauri I drifted into sleep

_____________________________________________

Hi guys!!! Did you all feel the reasoning for Om's behaviour is justifiable??

Special mention I want to dedicate this chapter to my jaan FARIAKHAN0404
Earlier my idea was only Abhimanyu dumping Om and he left Art. But I was not satisfied with it. But Farii only gave idea to include Khushi part too. I hope this will justify Khushi's harsh behaviour too. Thank you soo much Farii for the idea

Pls do tell reviews and hit the star button if you all like it