Part 49

Omkara wokeup at around 3 am and saw Gauri missing from bed. Panicked he stand up with a jolt and searched for her. He saw her sobbing near the window leaning against the wall. He quickly went near her and held her face in both his palm...

Omkara- (softly) Gauri.... Jaan... What happened? Why are you crying?

Gauri- (still sobbing) I'm a bad luck Omkara. Why did you marry me? Because of me all are suffering. Annav faced humilation infront of all. Khushi dii's life is spoilt because of me. Annav did like that because of me only... (crying hard) I caused everyone only pain. For you too. Jhanvi maa slapped you. Khushi dii didn't speak to you. Why can't I bring happiness in anyone's life but only pain?

 Why can't I bring happiness in anyone's life but only pain?

Omkara- (hugging her) No Gauri. You are not a bad luck. Please don't say that. Everyone's happiness lies on you. You are the sunshine my love. That slap is for me delaying the matter this long. Everything will be fine very soon. If you didn't notice let me tell you something. In all this fiasco your Annav didn't blame you or didn't raise a voice at you at all. He loves you more than anyone. Maybe more than me. Regarding Khushi's marriage though I'm still angry at him for forcefully marrying her I trust him with Khushi. He will not hurt her. Everything will be fine very soon...

Gauri- Are you sure?

Omkara- (tightening the hug) Trust me. All will be ok. I promised no more tears will come from your eyes. Now smile... smile...

That brought a small smile on her face. He then carried to bed and placed her and turned to leave. But stopped when he felt a tug on his wrist.

Gauri- Don't go. Please stay with me...

He nodded and sat beside her and caressed her hair lovingly patting her to sleep. He just want to cuddle and sleep with her hugging her tightly but he knows she is very new to physical intimacy. He want to make her comfortable first. So he sat by her side holding her hand until she slept. She is so fragile. He wants to protect her from all the bad things... like this he too slept beside her in sitting position...

*****************************************
In RM Arnav couldn't sleep at all. The nightmares he dreaded from the time their parents' death came back again. Every night the image of his family burning in fire came as nightmare not allowing him to sleep. He every single time hated love. He dreaded that if anyone fell in love either they will become like that creep or will have a fate like his parents. But after certain someone's arrival in his life he didn't get those nightmares. From the time Khushi started working with him he had peaceful sleep waiting for next day. Then again now that nightmare is back. Many thoughts were going in his mind. What will be Gauri doing? Will she be happy there? He have no doubt on Oberois love towards both of them. But after what he did to their daughter will they show that anger on Gauri?

Now what will Khushi be doing? Should he check on her? After many thoughts he went towards Gauri's room. But she was not there. From what he heard from NK she is supposed to sleep in Gauri's room. Where is she? Did she left? Panicked he ran to his room to grab the car keys. Then he felt the same breeze he felt whenever Khushi is around him. So he went towards the poolside and saw her sleeping on the floor in sitting position. His heart sank seeing her like this. How he is going to rectify his mistake towards her? Will she again go into depression like before what happened in Abhimanyu matter? He needs to do something asap. He brought a blanket from his room and covered her with it and went towards his recliner and watched her all night...