PDA

When the Seventh Hokage received the great news from the Shadow Hokage that all the traces of the Otsutski Clan were now eradicated, he finally felt completely at peace. It's been a few months after the gatecrashed Chunin Exams, and with a mischievous glint in his eyes, Naruto announced for them to have some sort of a victory celebration, much to Sasuke's chagrin.

He insisted that it was something that they all deserve, and that it was time to show appreciation to everyone close to them considering all the hardwork they've been giving for the village because for once, the possibilities of them encountering supernatural enemies could only be counted as distant memories.

Despite Sasuke's apparent disagreement to the matter, no "Hn", "Tch", nor Amaterasu threats could stop Naruto as he started informing Konoha 12, their senseis, and their families to the said upcoming celebration. He also did not fail to remind Sasuke time and time again that his presence was a must because he's been involved – more than required – in the guarding of peace in the shinobi world.

No one could remove the excitement of the Hokage as he kept on proudly mentioning how he had been organizing the said party, declaring it to be some sort of a much awaited holiday for all his colleagues and friends. When discussed, Sasuke just rolled his eyes at the irony that his best friend couldn't even organize his own life, and now, he was organizing a feast for a bunch of people.

Naruto soon admitted that he has resorted to asking their wives to do the planning and preparation so as not to cause a mess resembling another Shinobi World War. With that, Sasuke commented on how Naruto's still a total dobe even after all these years.

Within the week of their wives' party arrangements, Sasuke found himself slowly resigning to the idea, something he would definitely not admit in front of the dobe. Even though he was still uninterested, it dawned on him that the first and last celebration he'd ever been a part of was his own wedding several years ago. And it wasn't even a long and relaxed reception, since he and Sakura were already set to travel together right after their wedding – a journey that wasn't entirely a walk in the park considering how they're not only a married couple, but two-thirds of the new generation of Sannin at their own right as well. Hence, the first few months after their wedding were more focused on keeping themselves and the village safe from the people who wanted to seek them and take advantage of their prowess.

Speaking of, how many wedding anniversaries had he missed? He frowned at the thought. It wasn't even that he forgets, but somehow, deep inside him resided that one-track minded shinobi that had his eyes fixed on his job to protect the people he values and the village that his brother safeguarded at the cost of his reputation and his life.

Still, many times, he wished he could've been more intentional in showing any sign of remembrance to special dates to both his wife and daughter, but he yearly found himself often rationalizing that any celebration was futile if the world could be in danger at any given time.

Now, however, he realized how the dobe could actually be right – that having a little commemoration to the wipeout of their other-worldly enemies was a considerable idea. For once, he felt as if a huge baggage was lifted from his shoulders, and that all his years of sacrifices away from Sakura and Sarada were worth it.

This post-Otsuski season was quite new to him, considering the fact that tracking any mark of the said clan became his purpose in the past years. Even so, he couldn't deny how satisfied he was when he admitted to himself that it's time to loosen up a bit and finally be there for his family – a term that's been foreign to him until a certain pink-haired maiden changed his life after willingly and wholeheartedly accepting the Uchiha insignia on her back.

-

The party was going well in one of the function halls at the Hokage Tower. If it meant having the kids enjoying the feast on the table, and the adults having fruitful conversations that were not entirely focused on their lives as shinobi, then that, for Sasuke, meant it was going well.