Sarada's Questions

"I'm home." Sarada announced with a sigh after an exhausting mission that she almost thought would never end. But something made her smile the moment she reached their dining area. "That smells nice, mama!"

"Welcome home! Ah, thank you!" Sakura glanced over her shoulder, grinning proudly while stirring the dish she was cooking, until she noticed how tired her daughter was. "Just rest for a bit while I'm preparing dinner, Sarada. Seems like you didn't like today's mission, huh?"

"Oh, right!" The Uchiha daughter plopped into the dining chair with a grunt, not wanting to discuss further about Team 7's cat-related mission. She pursed her lips and put her hands together on the table until her curiosity kicked in just like many times before. "Mama?"

"Hmm?"

"Uh, when you were still a genin, how would you describe papa?"

"Huh?" Sakura chuckled in surprise. Every time her daughter asks about Sasuke, it makes her feel giddy on the inside, albeit a little nervous too. "Well, let me think...your papa's pretty much expressionless most of the time, but I think you already know that by now."

Sarada only scoffed, and Sakura couldn't help but laugh once more at the vivid reminder that her daughter is actually a lot like Sasuke.

A small smile appeared on Sakura's lips. "But I've always known that deep within him is a caring and loving man. He's the kind of man who would do anything to protect the ones he loves and cares for. That's why he's that strong, you know? He did everything to improve and be stronger than he was so he could protect this whole village, including you and me." She sighed, remembering a mixture of both positive and negative memories involving Sasuke when they were younger. Her husband might have made so many wrong decisions back then, but she's sure that he has learned from all that.

"You're right, mama. He's so strong, shannaro!" Sarada pondered about the times she had the rare opportunity of seeing her dad fight with Shin, Kinshiki and Momoshiki. He didn't mind being hurt just so he could save her, her mom, and even the whole Konoha. Her heart fluttered with pride. Even with the strength of Lord Seventh, there are some things that only her dad can do. No wonder why even Boruto's too amazed with him.

"So, you two were talking about me?" Someone suddenly butted in, startling the two ladies who seemed to be very engrossed with their conversation.

"Papa!" Sarada gasped and rushed to hug her dad. "Welcome back! We didn't know you're coming!"

"I was in the area."

Sakura chuckled. "Welcome home, Anata! As usual, Sarada's asking about you."

Sarada sheepishly pulled away, afraid of her father's response. But when he didn't react negatively, she grinned expectantly at her dad and asked his side this time, "How about you, papa? How would you describe mama?" She knew that he doesn't usually talk much in detail, but she likes it when he talks about her mom even the slightest bit.

Sasuke sighed with a small smile hinting on his lips as he sat on the chair beside Sarada. "She's strong from the inside out..." He threw a glance at his wife, which Sarada didn't fail to notice, hence, making her smile. "...patient, loving, and selfless."

Sarada's eyes gleamed. There's really something about the way he talks about Sakura that she couldn't understand, maybe it's the connected feelings they used to tell her about. She bit her lip in excitement to extract more hidden facts from her dad. After all, she rarely gets such chance. Then she uttered her next query, "How did you know you're in love with her?"

The Uchiha couple stared at her in shock. Sarada can always be straightforward whenever she wants to, and sometimes they still get taken aback, especially the emotionless Uchiha.

On the other hand, Sakura fidgeted in the kitchen. Of course she wanted to hear what her husband would say, but she found the need to pretend she's too busy to even linger on listening to the conversation, so she settled on checking the Miso soup on the stove.

"C'mon, papa." Sarada wiggled her brows. "I'm sure you have an answer to that."

Sasuke sighed in resignation, slightly grinning back at his daughter who also caught so much of her mom's personality.