Role Play

For #SasuSakuTwitFest2020 Day 6:

Marriage / "Idiot! We're married."

Here's a maaaajor revision of one of my first fictions back in 2009 for a different ship. Ya gurl cringed on her old way of writing, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hope you enjoy this!

-A

---

"Come on, dear. Please stop..."

She just wouldn't.

"Papa! P-papa!" She would just repeat that all over again.

Sakura paced towards Sarada's crib, planning to carry her with the hopes that her tantrum would subside. But the moment she reached out to her-

"I want Papa now! Please, Mama!" She croaked with her tiny voice. "I miss Papa!"

The Uchiha matriarch almost fell on her knees as her daughter continued to cry out.

She sat on the bed beside her crib and leaned near her. If only an explanation of many words would be understood by a three year old. "Sarada, sweetie...Papa isn't coming home."

"Why, Mama? Why?" Little Sarada paused, but her tears were nonstop.

Sakura looked away. She struggled to find the right words, trying to think of an excuse about the rash decisions that led to their current situation now. She pinched the bridge of her nose. It shouldn't have come to this, to the point that their daughter would be affected.

"Sweetie, just...calm down, please."

Sarada stared at her with glassy charcoal eyes, tears still streaming down her cheeks, and then she cried, "Mama, I want Papa here! Here! Here!"

Her heart clenched at the sight, she had never seen her baby this hurt. And what pains her the most was the fact that it was because of her and Sasuke.

Then, the idea finally settled in...

"Okay, okay. Calm down."

Sakura got her phone from the table on the other side of the bed. Her hands were shaking; her tears almost coming out. I didn't have to do this...

She didn't have to go to her list of contacts anymore just to look at his number, besides she memorized it, just like how she memorized every single detail about him.

She took a deep breath before pressing the call button. One ring, two rings, three rings...no answer. She cancelled, and then called again, with much conviction this time. It was actually difficult for her to concentrate as Sarada's muffled cry continued to fill the room.

"Ssh..." She told her, as if that would make sense.

"Hello?" Oh, gosh. What am I going to say? Sasuke finally answered his cell phone. It was apparent that his voice was serious, angry even, because who in their right mind would call someone at 2AM?

"Uhmm...good morning, Sasuke. Sorry." She paused. "But this is...this is about Sarada."

"Huh? What happened to her?" There was a noticeable change in his voice, from an angry husband to a concerned father. And it was enough to calm Sakura's nerves as she continued to speak with him.

"She just wouldn't stop. She-"

"P-papa!" Sarada screamed.

Sakura's head fell on her hand. There was no point hesitating now. "She wants you to be here, Sasuke." Tears trickled down her face, but she kept her composure for she didn't want to sound like she's crying. I didn't want to see him yet...