Chapter 10

ANDREA'S POV

This is it.

This is the chance for Jayden and I to get close to his body.

"Andrea?" Julian's voice snapped me back to reality. "Do you wanna come with me?"

"Yeah… Sure." I said.

--Hospital--

We entered the ICU and walked towards a single bed with a guy lying on it and some tubes connected to him then I realized that this guy is no other than Jayden.

"He took more blow than I did during the incident." Julian explained and I could see the sadness in his beautiful blue eyes. He sighed wearily and shook his head, "Excuse me." He said then he left.

"Wow… Is this really me?" Jayden asked as he examined his earthly body closely.

"I thought you would recognize yourself that easily." I said, my arms crossed. And he shot me a look. I raised my hands up in surrender.

JAYDEN'S POV

"I've been waiting for you." Said a voice. I turned around and saw a guy with black spiky hair. He was wearing a white shirt topped with black shiny leather jacket, black jeans and shoes.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Who are you talking to?" Andrea asked me.

"They call me the 'scheduler'." He replied.

"Him." I said as I pointed to the guy.

"What are you on about? I don't see anyone in here besides from us." She replied. I turned to the guy named 'Scheduler'… or so he says… and he laughed.

"She can't see me because I have no intentions of showing myself to her." Scheduler said casually then with a blink of an eye, he was gone.

"Where did he go?" I asked.

"Jayden, are you okay? Who were you talking to?" Andrea asked with a weird look on her face.

"I'm talking to the Scheduler."

"Scheduler?"

"Yeah."

"You're weird."

"I know, thanks."

"Jayden, that's not even a compliment." I rolled my eyes and tried to go out of the room by going through the door but it didn't work out. In short, I bumped into the door.

"Ow!" I said when I bumped into the door. Actually, it electrocuted me.

"Are you okay?" Andrea asked me. I turned to her and tried to touch her and I was electrocuted again. "Ouch!" I said while flinching away.

"What's wrong?"

"I… I can't touch anything!"

"What do you mean you can't touch anything? You're a lost spirit, of course you can't touch anything!"

"No! I mean, before I can go through anything but now I can't! Every time I try to, I will feel some kind of electricity crawling on my skin."

We both looked at each other. "I need to find Scheduler." I said then I went to the door but I bumped into it again.

Andrea opened the door for me. "Thank you." I said then went out and searched for him. My eyes scanned the surroundings and found him standing at the end of the hallway.

"Scheduler!" I called out to him. He shot his head up and I jogged towards him.

"I would like to know what's happening. I'm so confused. Why can't I go through things now? Why can't I touch Andrea?" I asked.