Chapter 11

JAYDEN'S POV

"Phew! I was nearly busted back there!" Andrea said. We're in the comfort room right now. And yes, I am inside the girl's toilet. What? It's not like every girl that would walk in here could see me!

"You did a great job, actually." I said.

"But I lied to Julian! And Trent!" She replied.

"Why should it bother you anyway? You do not usually care about them and what will they say, how they would feel about you and this whole mission unless…" I trailed off when I realized something.

"Unless what?" She asked.

"Unless you like Trent and Julian?"

"Shut up. I don't like either of them, okay?"

Then a girl entered the toilet and we both fell silent. She sighed and went out, with me following from behind. We walked back to where the others are then Andrea met Melissa and my parents too.

"Hey, have you called Tayla yet?" Will asked Melissa.

"Yeah but it either says she's busy or out of reach." Melissa answered.

"How can she not visit him at a time like this?" Trent said and that broke my heart.

"Tayla hasn't showed up yet ever since Jayden got confined here." I heard Julian say to Andrea and that broke my heart even more. That means Tayla never set her foot in this hospital yet? She never visited me? Oh stop it Jayden. Your girlfriend is a dancer, she has a hectic schedule too.

…But still…

If she really cares for me, shouldn't she set them all aside first for me?

I sighed and walked away. I passed by the nursery room and the crying of the babies filled my ears. I looked into the window and saw all of these cute babies, two of them were crying and being attended by nurses while the others were just peacefully sleeping.

I smiled. I wonder how it feels to be born again? And I wonder how would it feel like having a family with Tayla?

"Jayden?" Andrea said.

"Hey." I greeted her, trying to smile despite of what I just heard.

"You're sad about what you just heard , aren't you?"

"Well… A little bit. I'm more disappointed, to be honest."

Then I leaned on the wall and crossed my arms, "She's my girlfriend. She should be here too." I added.

"Maybe she's just busy with her work." She said.

"That's what I keep thinking to myself but…"

"But?"

"I don't know… I just got this queasy feeling in me that it's not because of her work why she's not here."

Andrea laughed, "I know what that's called." She said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Paranoia." She replied with a stupid grin and then she walked away. I hope you're right Andrea. I hope it's just paranoia infesting my heart and brain. I hope what I think and feel is not true. We both went back to the ICU and Trent, Julian, Will, Zach, and Melissa were all there.

I walked towards Julian who was sitting on a monoblock chair and I noticed that his eyes were puffy and red. Looks like he's about to cry.

"Go on Julian. Cry it all out. I know you've been keeping it all inside." I said while looking at him intently, waiting for him to cry but instead, he yawned. "Gosh Julian! Thought you're gonna cry for me already."