Chapter 13

⏳38 Days⏳

ANDREA'S POV

I looked at Jayden's earthly body the next day that was lying half-dead on the bed. I studied his features and to be honest,  he kinda looked cute if you'll ignore all of the bruises and cuts on his face.

I sat on the chair beside his bed and then Julian came in. He looked like he hadn't slept properly and he's still on his crutches.

"Is he awake yet?" Julian asked me.

"I would be leaping in joy right now if he is." I said plainly and he chuckled but the happiness in his eyes instantly died down as he gazed on his bandmate.

"Oh come on Julian, he will wake up." I said in a brave tone.

He sighed and then ran his fingers through his hair. "Are you alright?" I asked and sat beside him. He shook his head.

"The record company wants us to drop our new single as soon as possible but we can't because Jayden is still in a coma." He said. "He still has some parts to record and now the record company's threatening to quit on us if we don't get it out to the market soon."

"What?! That's not fair!" Jayden outraged but of course, Julian can't hear nor see him.

"That's unfair." I said.

"I know. Oh, I don't know what to do anymore." Julian said. I put my hand on his, "Maybe try convincing them? Say that Jayden is in a critical condition. I'm sure they would understand. Everything will be alright." I said. "I bet Jayden would say the same thing too."

I looked at Jayden and he was smiling at me.

"Wanna go for a walk?" I asked and Julian nodded. I helped him get onto his elbow crutches then we walked out of the room, with Jayden following us. We took a stroll out in the garden where we could also see some patients walking, some in their wheelchairs with their loved ones gently pushing their wheelchairs for them.

"Have you had any boyfriend before?" Julian asked me all of a sudden. I looked at him and laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked.

"Me? With a boyfriend? Oh puh-lease! No one has ever dared to ask me out." I said.

"Why?"

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Will I be asking you if I'm not interested to know?"

I laughed and shook my head in disbelief at his smartass comment. "Okay, truth is, the guys find me weird." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I have a sixth-sense." I said and his eyes lit up in amazement.

"Wow! Really?" He said as we both sat down on the bench nearby the lake. I looked at him weirdly, "You're not weirded out at all?" I asked.

He laughed, "NO! I find it cool, actually." He said. "So tell me, how does it feel to have a sixth-sense?" He said.

I looked away, "Well, it's sort of scary at first because you don't know whether you're talking to a real human being or a ghost but you get used to it eventually." I said.

"How long has yours been active?" He asked.

"Since I was four years old." I replied while smiling. I can't believe that he didn't freak out. Julian De Vizio of The Collective, didn't find me weird for having a sixth-sense! How amazing is that?!

"If I ask you out on a date right here, right now, would you say 'yes'?" He asked me randomly and I laughed.

"You know what? You can be a comedian too at times, hay?" I said.