chapter 12: the end?

Sans pushed through the snow calling out for his siblings but he got no response, his anxiety raised with each step. He heard sarah's voice but it was different "lets play a game sans" she said it being echoing bouncing off the trees "ok sarah" he heard himself say and he turned seeing him and sarah younger "now count to ten and no peeking" sarah said and sans looked confused as young him started counting. Sans was confused but realization hit him like a bullet and his eye lights went out. He fell to his knees as he heard sarah screaming and begging and gaster blasters being fired.

He stood up and continued to walk as more horrible memories played and he stopped dead in his tracks seeing krista. He had a look of horror seeing blood running down from krista's wrists shoulders and chest. He felt two arms wrap around him from behind and he froze tensing up and the voice he heard sent shivers down his spine "hello sans nice to see you now let the games begin" it said and let him go. He turned to attack but saw.......nothing.

Sans let out a sigh but his eye still was glowing and the strong wind blowing his hood up. Laughs echoed through the area.

Krista groaned as her eyes opened slightly. "Krista? What happened?" Sans asked his voice shaking with obvious concern.

"Y-you n-need to r-run" she said going into a coughing fit some blood coming out of her mouth. "S-sarah she's n-not sarah any m-more" she stuttered out.

Sans stayed quiet and freed Krista. Sans held Krista up and they heard the shadow's distorted laugh. "Sans y-you have to g-go. Now!" Krista snapped as the black fogged rolled in front of them.

Sarah walked in front of them "well sans looks like we got the whole family here" she laughed and sans glared at her.

"Oh wait! Papyrus isn't here. I wonder where he could be?" She laughed.

Krista attempted to stand up but fell again as sans stayed by her side. Sans glared at who used to be sarah but at this moment she was dead. Sarah laughed again as she looked over the two "You already know that sarah is gone...this is a good change of pace from the idiot sarah was at first think rose and shadow could change." A demonic voice spoke.

Sans stood up and looked at Krista then back at sarah "where is sarah. I know she is in there some where." Sans said and Krista jumped in.

"WHERE IS MY SISTER!!" She shouted with tears in her eyes.

The shadow laughed "you already know where she is."

The two glared at sarah as the black fog wrapped around them and they both hit the deck with a move of sarah's hand. They looked up at her as her hand was shaking and Krista looked to sans and whispered "hold her down with a blue attack."

Sans complied and his hand and eye glowed blue and sarah was surrounded by a blue aura. Krista stood up and charged at her and lunged at her to get a hit at her and got her in the chest. Krista looked up and tears formed as she saw sarah's eye, she pulled back and sarah hit the ground laughing a bit.

"H-heh...h-hey g-guys n*cough*nice to s-see you two ag-gain" Sarah laughed her hand going to her chest as sans and Krista ran over.

"S-sarah oh god i-i'm sorry i h-had no choice" Krista said tears rolling down her face.

"We have to get her to the hospital" sans said as Krista look at him.

"W-we all know m-my t-time has r-run out" sarah sputtered out some blood coming out of her mouth.

"You'll b-be ok. I p-promise" Krista said and sarah grabbed her hand.

"W-we both k-know th-his *cough* family is not the b-best a-at keepi-ing promises" Sarah said laughing weakly and her eyes shut.

The black claws on her arms faded away and Krista stared to sob as she looked at her sister's limp body. Sans put his hand on her wrist and his eyes widened. "Krista! She's still alive! She still has a pulse!" sans exclaimed

Krista looked at him and checked her pulse and her eyes went wide as she picked her up and ran, using healing magic.

[time skip]

It was a few days after sarah had been brought back and she was finally allowed to leave the hospital. As she walked out of the hospital with all her friends and family she heard a demonic voice.

"What do you say...do we have a deal"