2 when I met him

If I had known what was gonna happen, I wouldn't have backed out.

First day of school.

Always great.

If you're an alien.

The first day of school is the worst of the worst. Who even invented them? Why do we even go to school? I don't care about my fucking education, I just want to sleep and read. And eat chocolate, and drink hot cocoa, and-

You know, that there's a lot of things I want to do, but going back to school is not one of them. I have wasted my summer completely. Like I always do. We haven't been to any cool places I can brag about. The wildest thing that happened was that I woke up before eight.

James -as the morning person he was- was, of course, looking great and fresh and god knows what. I, on the other hand, look awful and tired. Which is weird considering I haven't done anything but sleep all summer. Oh, great times. Great times.

It's a wonder that I even woke up this morning. That's just how it is, everyone is tired the first day of school - James being the exception.

It's Monday morning and the first thing we have is math. The greatest subject of all time. Sarcasm. I don't think anyone likes it. Someone just hates it more than others. I'm the kind of person who doesn't dislike it. As I said earlier, I'm good at math. Thought I was being sarcastic back then? I wasn't.

If I wasn't so humble I would say that I'm the best in class. I am humble, so I guess I won't say it, but now you know and technically I didn't tell you so that still counts as humble. If you ask me, and seeing as I'm the only person here, you can only ask me.

The teacher rambles on about something like it wasn't the first day of school, like we all weren't falling asleep. I tried to concentrate on it, though it was hard. I allowed myself a break.

He asked a question, no one raised their hands. He looked disappointed, we are probably learning about something we learned last year and therefore should know. I probably knew it because he was looking expectant at me, but I kindly ignored him. Instead, staring at the clock that ticked soooo slow.

Mr Slughorn (our teacher) was about to say something, but he was interrupted by a knock on the door. The people came in before Slughorn got to say anything. Was it weird to be so happy? I could hear a collective sigh of happiness from the other students as well.

The first person who came in was our principal Dumbledore. An old-looking man, but still young as a... something that is young. He wasn't bald like many people old people, but he had white hair with a white beard.

The next person who came in was young. Definitely a student. He wasn't tall, a little smaller than James perhaps. His hair was black, and his skin pale. He had black boots matching his black leather jacket. He had a grey shirt under and black pants. He was all black and white. I couldn't make out his eye-colour but didn't doubt they looked amazing.

The boy had a bored expression on his face. He didn't look down but somehow managed to avoid looking at anyone. Kind of like when you're presenting in front of the class and just stare at the back wall.

"Ahh what can I do for you, Albus?" Slughorn kindly asked though it was hard for him to hide the sneer. He hated interruptions.

Dumbledore -who didn't seem to notice- smiled. "We have a new student." He gestured to the young boy beside him and then turned to the class. "I hope you all will make him feel welcome, and one of you will show him around." Though he said it lightly, it was clear that the last thing was an order.

I did it because this new boy looked interesting. And hot. But also, because I'm nice, and I couldn't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to move to a new place, where everyone already knew each other. It couldn't be easy to make friends.