39 when he loved me

Love isn't even strong enough to describe my feelings.

"What?"

Sirius' mouth was slightly open, and his eyes filled with disbelief. He moved away from me and I regretted my words instantly, even though they were true.

"I-I know it's soon, but I just... whenever I see you, I turn happy, I know we have only known each other a few months, and that we haven't been together for long, but I just... it feels right, you know?"

"Y-You love me?" he whispered.

I bit my lip and was speechless for a few moments. Why did I have to say it? I knew he would freak out about it, but there was no turning back. If I backed out, I would be lying, and I don't wanna do that to him.

I took his hands in mine and he stared at them. What would be the best way to go on with this? How do I tell the truth without having him freak out? I don't think there is a way.

"You don't have to feel the same... but Sirius I love you, is that okay?" I managed to keep my voice steady throughout my little speech. Now I just had to wait for Sirius' reaction.

My stomach did a backflip when he nodded. Not only a second after his face cracked a smile.

"It's okay!" he exclaimed and embraced me suddenly, so I almost feel backwards. "You love me, and it's okay" he began laughing. "Remus. You love me, and I'm okay with it."

It took a few seconds for me before I realized what he meant. Sirius had been surprised he was okay with me loving him. I smiled and he kissed my lips. When we broke apart his face became serious.

"I love you too" he stated and then cracked a smile again. "And that's okay." Sirius threw his arms around me and held tightly. I wrapped my arms around him as well took a moment to save the moment in my mind.

I held a bit tighter when I realized what exactly Sirius had revealed to me. He loved me. Even after all he had been through, he was able to love me.

He ended the hug and we just stared into each other's eyes. His are almost silver and so pretty. I could just stare at them until the day that I die.

The door opened and Sirius smiled widely again.

"Angeline!" he exclaimed eagerly. "Guess what happened!"

I turned around. Sirius was partly sitting in my lap and I had my arms around him. Angeline's glance fell on it for a second and I blushed slightly.

"What?" she asked and appeared just as excited as Sirius.

"Remus loves me" Sirius looked at me, so he didn't notice the way Angeline's smile fell for just a split second before it came back with full force. "And I love him, and it's okay."

"Congratulations Sirius!" she came over and pulled him in for a quick hug. "I'm so happy for you."

Sirius' smile didn't fall even an inch at any second. I wonder how much this actually means to him. It means a lot to me that he loves me, both because it honestly felt amazing to be told, but also because it shows how much he has recovered, he will be out in no time.

"It isn't time to go yet, is it?" Sirius asked suddenly and clung to me.

"Of course not" Angeline shook her head. "I just wanted to hear if you wanted any snacks."

"Chocolate" he replied instantly. He knows me so well.

"Chocolate then" she smiled and left the room.

Sirius' eyes found mine again.

"You love me" he stated with a smile. I wondered why he kept repeating it, maybe he just needs to hear it again?