2. Rashford

Ashton Rashford was sitting on his office, thinking about the bomb his mother just dropped casually from this morning conversation.

Sure, the woman looked excited as she discussed the plan about his wedding. His damn wedding! He didn't know he was going to marry a stranger girl next week, until this morning.

He admit he was considered himself too young to get married. He was twenty two and had just learned to take over his father business. He barely able to take care of himself, much less a wife.

Slumped further to his seat with his hand massaging his forehead, Ashton trying to think about all the possibilities how he could avoid this marriage.

Talking to his mother and coax her to rethink again about the marriage seemed like an impossible action. She would've stand on her ground and insisted he should marry.

Knowing his mother, he could've imagined if he really refused the marriage bluntly in front of her, she would rush it sooner instead. Dragging him and the girl straight to marry without any preparation. She would never taking any chance of him flying away.

He has yet to know the reason of her mother decision though. Calling her mother at this time, definitely there was no doubt that she wouldn't pick it up. The woman was busy with his so called wedding.

Maybe, his father would know that. Calling him wouldn't hurt right?

"Yes, son?" His father's voice rang through the phone as soon as the man pick it up.

Ashton sighed, shaking his head. "Hi, Dad. Do you know about the marriage?"

"Yes," He stated. "Your mother planning it all."

"What is the reason of this marriage? I am still too young to get married, you know?" Ashton finally asked.

His father chuckled. "I am around your age when I married your mother. Age should not be a reason to avoid marriage. You don't want get married, I am right?"

Of course his father would know. But, he did make it obvious by bringing young age into this conversation.

"Yes, I don't want to marry her." He admitted. He did have girlfriends before, but marriage was a huge commitment for him.

"She is a good girl, you'll like her instantly." His father chuckled, as if he knew something that Ashton didn't.

"I still don't want to marry her." Ashton stated in frustration. He was going to get out of this marriage, regardless the outcome.

"I am sorry, I can't help you." His father's voice sounded soft. "The decision lays on your mother's hand. She is the one planning it all. I can't crush her happiness like that, she has been waiting for this moment of your marriage like forever."

Ashton sighed. He can almost feel something heavy being put on both his shoulders. A burden. He knew he couldn't crush his mother's happiness like that, like his father had just said.

Nah, but he was talking about the lifetime commitment too. If he was being honest, something like that scared him. Not only he hadn't met the girl, but he also wasn't sure about how's her personality going to be like.

"Why's this marriage so soon?" He asked again.

There was a silence on the other side for a moment, before Ashton heard his father took a deep breath. "She is the daughter one of my colleagues. It's her grandfather's wish for her to get married."

Ashton sighed. What he would be doing may sounded cruel to other people. But, he was also sure the girl was forced into this.

He just hoped he wouldn't leave a huge damage.