Chapter 8: The Idiot One

Again, not edited!
Let's just say that all chapters aren't edited until I finish the book

"So, how the heck you just arrived from the business in another city and then went straight to another?" Savannah asked him in the middle of the night when Ashton checked his watch, shaking him awake in full force.

Ashton rubbed his sleepy eyes, then sighed. He had told her to go to sleep and that they would look for the solution tomorrow, but, it seemed that she still hold the grudge by not letting him to have his peace sleeping.

"That's a bussinesman thing. You should ready anytime for a good deal." He said finally. "Now, can you let me sleep?"

Savannah put on thinking face, putting her  hand on her jaw. She shook her head slowly and grinned with malice. "No."

Ashton groaned tiredly. "Come on, just go to sleep already."

"Can you accompany me outside?" Savannah glanced at the sleeping hobo man briefly, then looked at Ashton with pleading eyes. She couldn't sleep and being inside the car made her feel uneasy.

"No." Ashton yawned as he pat his seat and made himself comfortable, preparing for another sleep. Savannah's nostril flared in anger upon seeing this. Her hand flew to pull his left ear, making him trying to pry her hand away.

She kept pulling it until she was sure his ear gonna come off his head. Savannah stood a little, her other free hand latched on the other ear and pulled it with just as the same force.

Ashton cursed, frantically telling her to let go both of his ears. But did she listen? Of course, never. Instead, she pulled it harder.

"I feel bored here, jerk. Now you want both of your ears still attached to this dumb head of yours, you should get out now."

Ashton stood on her ground for a few seconds before he decided he couldn't took it anymore. The woman's had really strong hands.

"Okay, okay." Ashton finally admitted his defeat. Savannah smiled triumphantly as she slowly let go of his ears, but, she still put her hands near them in case Ashton lied to her.

"Now, get out." She ordered. Ashton rubbed his sore and red ears, grunting at the pain then slowly crawling out of the car. All the sleepiness had gone away, thanks to this bat shit crazy woman.

Savannah was making sure that the hobo man's sleep stay peaceful that they wouldn't be bothered by him outside. She let out a sigh of relief as he looked unbothered by the noises they made earlier.

Ashton stood outside the car and glared at the grinning Savannah. "Satisfied?"

"Very much." Savannah eyes glinted with happiness as she jumped out of the car. Cold breeze of the night immediately hit her that she shivered slightly, but still smiling.

Ashton rolled his eyes at that. He walked slowly at the car and took his jacket, then strolled to sit beside Savannah, who was enjoying the night with moon and stars shinning in the dark.

Savannah looked happy as she gazed at the stars above, the moon's light hit her face making it more radiant.

They were sat there in the silence for a moment. Ashton studied Savannah's face unblinking for a moment, before he looked away afraid of getting caught.

He just sat there, letting out a soft whistle occasionally as his eyes kept on glancing at Savannah. Ashton didn't know how he did it, but as soon as her body shivered due to cold air, his jacket was instantly wrapped around her body.

Savannah's closed eyes immediately snapped open, wide gazing to Ashton's figure as he leaned back, putting his body weight into both of his hands. She couldn't tell about Ashton's expression right now, but she was sure he was smiling.