Chapter 7: The Confession

Warning: not edited

Well, Ashton didn't really started the car. The machine let out a small cough, then it died. The whole car remained in a complete silence for a few seconds. Crickets and something ruffling in the bushes were the only sound.

Ashton slapped his own forehead, he turned around to find Savannah was glaring at the hobo. He cleared his throat to gain their attention.

"Uh, we have a problem here."

Savannah's head snapped toward him. She frowned, "What do you mean?"

Ashton scratched the back of his head. "We are ... uh, kinda run out of fuel."

For a moment. Silence.

"Whaat?" Savannah screeched loudly, even causing the hobo man beside her to jump in surprise. "Are you serious?"

"Dead serious." Again, Ashton tried to start his car with no avail. The machine let out a little whine then died down.

Savannah eyes widened, she was sure they were in the middle of nowhere right now. Surrounding them what was like tall trees looming in shadows. All grass looked as tall as human height. More terrifyingly, it was dark. The only light was coming from the lamp in the front car and faint light in the car ceiling.

They were in the forest! In the freaking forest!

"What do you mean?" Savannah was panicking right now. She was trapped in a car with a hobo crazy ass man, and a huge ass jerk boss.

"Calm down," Ashton told her. He sighed and fished his phone out of his pocket. When he saw the battery, he cursed. "Shit, I forgot to charge the phone."

Savannah was definitely freaking out right now. If only she didn't obey to her boss's whiny demand, she would have been safe and sound sleeping in her soft and comfortable bedroom. Plus, she was hungry.

"What the hell are you doing dragging me into the middle of a forest alone, dude? You sound like a fucking rapist." Savannah couldn't control her mouth when she was freaking out, mad and definitely panicking like this. But, this was a situation between life and dead. If being fired was the only choice to go through the hell alive, then be it.

"I am not a rapist." He rolled his eyes, feeling insulted but he understood that it was his fault for not preparing all the necessities beforehand.

"Well, who knows?" She snapped, crossing her hands over her chest.

"Just calm down, woman." He sighed. "We can go to the nearest gas station maybe."

Savannah responded back with a deadly glare. Causing Ashton to raise his eyebrow and surrendered himself. It was dark outside and they weren't bringing any light, it was impossible to wander around the place and find the way out.

"Okay, okay." Ashton slumped in his seat, he felt dizzy. He rubbed his temples as he thought of how they could survive this. The place they were going to, required them to pass the forest, as it was another part of the town.

Whereas the two were arguing between themselves, the hobo man was enjoying himself. Slurping the coffe he stole from the dashboard and munching on something. Occassionally watched the two with delight as they banter back and forth.

"So, now, tell me how you meet this man?" Ashton rubbed slowly his eyes and turned to Savannah.

Savannah jumped a little in surprise, feeling like a deer caught in headlights. She was eating a burger she found on the front seat beside Ashton.

"Uh, uh..." She couldn't form any words due to her still full mouth. Ashton scowled at her. "A little thief, huh?"

Savannah swallowed all the contents to her stomatch and wiped her mouth, she made a mocking face at Ashton.

"A little thief, huh?" She copied Ashton's words, speaking it in exaggerated girl's high pitched voice. "Not may fault. I am hungry. This is better than me eating your undesirable, bitter, tasteless meaty flesh as my dinner tonight."

Ashton just shrugged and muttered lowly while shaking his head. "Girls in their period."

Luckily, Savannah didn't heard it. She was too busy engaged in relationship with the burger in her hand.

Ashton turned around. He did bought the burger for Savannah though and he also bought another one for himself. He looked around the dashboard where he put his burger and coffe. But, it was nowhere to be found.

Ashton sighed. Honesty, he was hungry too. And as if on cue, his stomatch rumbled at the moment. This made Savannah stopped mid bite. If Ashton thought Savannah was going to take pity on him, he was wrong.

Instead, Savannah laughed at him, loudly that it made the hobo man beside her joined in the laughter. The car shook with their happy laugh that Ashton could feel it.

"He is hungry." Savannah gossipped to the hobo man beside her. The man nodded, agreeing with her in delight.

"Do you hear his huge belly rumbled?" Savannah asked. The man, again, nodded eagerly.

"The sound is more noisy than any thunder." Savannah giggled and the man joined her.

She turned toward Ashton and poked her tongue out at him, the hobo man imitated her action.

"Don't let him steal our food." She told the hobo man, making him nodded in agreement and frantically cradled his food further to his chest. Ashton's eyes went wide as he noticed his half eaten burger and the coffe in the hobo man's hold.

Ashton's ears was already hot enough with them talking behind his back. Now, after he knew where his meal had gone to, he was pissed as hell.

Though, he was also greatly embarassed.

But now, Savannah just sounded like a crazy girl and Ashton wondered how his former receptionist would pick her to replace her temporarily.

And the hobo man? His clothes was a bit torn and dirty. Strange enough though, what he was wearing also similar to those people in mental institution. Hell, that made him suspicious. If it wasn't dark, he would have checked for any logo in his shirt.

"How do you know him?" Ashton repeated, glancing at her through rearview mirror.

Savannah briefly glanced at the man beside her, who was busy went back eating his food with appreciation. She turned around and leaned forward that her lips neared Ashton's ear, who instantly sat straight in alert.

Ashton wondered what she would do at the moment, until she whispered it in his ears, "The reason I got into your car is because I was running away from him. He is a mental institution's patient."

Ashton sat there unblinking at what she said for a moment. So, he had a probably crazy girl and a mental institution patient in his car? What he had gotten himself into?

But, now it was confirmed that both Savannah and the man were insane. And they were sent personally to torture him.

Or, this is the karma Brandon was talking about this morning when he brought his mother's cat with him. Needless to say that the cat's sharp teeth was glued to Brandon's shirt and hissed at him everytime he made any move.

His mother's cat seemed to hate Brandon and he didn't know why.

As Ashton turned around, he was instantly greeted by their creepy grin. He could only stared.

I had tough week lol
I mean exams and other school activities. And oh man, I had a bad exam result too!