Chapter 9: The Smart One

They were woken up by the sound of Savannah's alarm, or rather the hobo man's really strong slap.

Savannah let out a squeak as she feel something hard being slammed to her cheek, her eyes snapped open. Still felling a bit giddy and disoriented, she rubbed the remnants of sleep slowly from her eyes.

Satisfied with his doing, the hobo man shifted his attention toward Ashton who was curled comfortably sleeping not far from Savannah. He frowned a little, his hand ready in the air. He looked at his hand for a moment, checking for something, then after he felt satisfied he readied his hand back above Ashton. And...

Slap!

Without any warning, his hand flew to hit Ashton's head.

Ashton's eyes snapped open as he jumped awake. Rubbing his head and groaning in pain. "What the fuck?"

Savannah also rubbed her sore cheek. They both looking around searching for the culprit until their gaze landed on the grinning hobo man in front of them. He looked so happy though, despite the death glares he received.

He handed Savannah her phone, which was still letting out loud sound of alarm. Savannah frowned as she took her phone from the hobo man's hold.

The hobo man slowly joined them by sitting on the ground. Putting his head on his elbow and readied himself to watch the show. With that, the show began.

Ashton stared at Savannah with disbelief. "So, you are bringing your phone all this time?"

Savannah turned off the alarm, checked the time and found that it was still three in the morning. Then, she began fiddle with her fingers as she timidly glanced at annoyed looking Ashton.

"What?" She asked innocently. "I forgot that I had brought a phone with me."

"Damn, we could have gotten out of this creepy forest sooner if you had used it." Ashton grunted in exasperation.

Savannah sighed. "We have the phone now. I'll call Brandon."

"Who's Brandon to you?" He asked suspiciously, eyes narrowed.

"That's none of your business." She waved him off and immediately called Brandon. She waited for like one minute and frowned. That boy slept like a rock, she had to admit that.

Last time she tried to wake Brandon up, Savannah had to bring the entire army. She made Grandma and Janet clashed pans and spatulas together right into his ear. Well, he did wake up after one and half minute of their struggle.

"Hello?" The voice on the other end sounded sleepy. "Who's waking me up at this ungodly hour, huh? You can call me later, man."

The sound of loud snores filled the silence. Then, it was taken over by silence again as the connection being cut off.

Savannah's expression showed one of disbelief. She cussed,"Damn this boy."

Once again, Savannah tried to call Brandon. She waited for a few seconds until he picked up the call. Before Brandon could utter any words, Savannah beat him into it.

"Wake up, you sleepy head!" She shouted through the line of phone, scowling. "I have a problem here."

She only received silence from the other end.

Savannah swore, if that boy had gone to sleep again she would march there into his house and let Carrick do his job.

"Answer me or I'll let Carrick put his pretty claws on you again." Savannah threatened in an exaggerated sweet voice.

"What?" Brandon's voice sounded more clear right now, it was like he has been fully awake. He yawned. "It's you Savy?"

"No, it's Spongebob." She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.