.....

Ginny's POV

All through the journal I closed my eyes and inhaled the beautiful smell of the sea shore. The closer we went to the sea the more I would get attracted towards it. Percy and mom always loved to see the sea from the beach. However I could never stand it. I could never hold back myself from the thought of travelling through it and see the world beyond...

       Well this place had been a very special place for our family. My father had stayed with my mother and my brother for 2 years since he was born. When I was born l vaguely remember my time spent with him. I did not have much of him, you know just a few months..he never returned....My mom would narrate  tales about him..... and as years passed by... I started developing  a deeper bond for my father. Mom would say that he had set for some sail at the sea and has been lost at sea....

       My brother believed that he had died in the sea. On the other hand I believed or rather something deep inside my mind told me that he was there......, somewhere out there...... at sea,..... waiting... waiting for his little girl to meet him.

     I got out of the car with mom and Percy, opened all the cabin's windows, and went through our usual cleaning routine. We walked on the beach, fed blue corn chips to the seagulls. The sun had already set. My brother and I did the cleaning and shifting work while mom did the cooking. I went outside to sit on a rock alone. I needed some time alone, thinking about my father.

     Since childhood, I always wanted to be an explorer at sea are search for my father. Now I realised it wasn't that easy....After reading Robinson Cruso I realised that even he could be stuck on a island for years without help and would need to be searched.....

        Although the chances of finding him were less I would not loose hope. So would I tell Percy. He did not believe me that he was alive. He would not talk much about that subject with me, may be he did not want to hurt me...

       I came near the cabin, where mom and Percy were sitting.
"Are you going to send me away again?" I heard  Percy asking her. "To another boarding school?"

She pulled a marshmallow from the fire.

"I don't know, honey." Her voice was heavy. "I think ... I think we'll have to do something."

"Because you don't want me around?" He spoke suddenly.

My mom's eyes welled with tears. She took his hand, squeezed it tight. "Oh, Percy, no. I—I have to, honey. For your own good. I have to send you away for your own safety."

I stopped dead. I was eavesdropping, which generally I do not do...
For 'your own safety'?  She would tell me the same thing when I would ask her about why I had to stay with Gabe all day and was not allowed to go out or even stay at a friend's place. This was pretty weird - Percy staying away from home and me staying near Gabe was safe?
What kind of cruel joke was it? Why was I not allowed to stay with my brother? Was it dangerous? But how ..in what ways? Wait .. ..Percy had looked well shaken when he came home today.....Did he know something about the danger?..... Something related to me and Percy? Thousands of questions bombarded in my mind.

     Pretty weird things had happened in our life, especially Percy's. He had once strangled a snake enterin his cot, when he was a toddler. A big man had once stalked him on playground when he was in third grade, he said the person had one eye right in the middle of his head.

Well my experiences had been a little different. I had once exploded our chemistry lab and burnt my hand with some strong acid. However,  it healed quickly when I held my arm quickly under tap water. Yes  of course water is the best first aid in such crisis and has got many chemical and physical properties,  but healing so quickly was not expected...

    I was tired standing there. My eyes felt heavy. I quickly came out of my hiding place wade them good bye and went straight near my bed to sleep.......