3) A stranger knocks at the door.

I did not remember what I dreamt that night. I remembered that I woke up crying and someone shaking me up widely. I rubbed my eyes.
Someone calling "Ginny Ginny " "What is it ", I was about to ask. "Hurricane !" mom woke up suddenly after a thunder clap. ...

A shuddered on my bed. Percy was sitting right beside me.Was it thunderstorm and hurricane really, at this time? But hurricanes never occur at
Long Island this early in the summer. But the ocean seemed to have forgotten. Over the roar of the wind, we heard a distant bellow, an angry, tortured sound that made my hair stand on end.

Then a much closer noise, like mallets in the sand. "Someone's at the door", I exclaimed. A desperate voice-someone yelling, pounding on our cabin door.

Mom opened the door. Someone was standing by the door ; she looked at Percy in terror-not scared of the stranger, but of why he'd come.

"Percy," she said, shouting to be heard over the rain. "What had happened at school? What didn't you tell me?"

Percy was frozen, looking at the stranger. His eyes widened, his face was unreadable. "Who is it mom?", I asked. Then I realised what he was seeing.. ..The stranger who had arrived had had ....no legs instead there were.....
.... cloven hooves. I let out a small scream.

"Who, who?", I asked. My mom looked at Percy sternly and talked in a tone she'd never used before: "Percy. Tell me now!"

Percy stammered something about 3 old ladies at the fruit stand, one stitching a sock, and the last one cutting the thread, and his Mrs. Dodds growing some taloons, and my mom stared at him, her face deathly pale in the flashes of lightning.

"Go get in the car the three of you", she yelled. Tears welled up my eyes, I did not like my brother being yelled that way.

"Hey mom please don't panic nothing is going to be wrong you know ..." I said despite the terrible, thunderstorm hurricane and the visit of a cloven hooved stranger. Percy had muttered about some lady cutting the thread...No one paid any attention to me.