4) And the night exploded......

(Here comes the twist in the plot. Turning point in the life of Ginny and Percy. If you have read the lightning thief you might know where Percy is going to land now......and what Percy's destiny is going to be.... but do you know what happened to Ginny? Where was she all those years before she met her brother back? Well find out for yourself 😊. )

We tore down the dark empty road.

I sat besides mom while Percy and Grover sat in the backseat. He said his name was Grover. I understood he was Percy's best friend. Percy had written me lot of tales about him. He had always talked about him as if he was ... was....a normal human being. He never..never... mentioned about his legs.

"From the waist down, my best friend is a donkey"-" Grover let out a sharp, throaty "Blaa-ha-ha!"

"I'm a goat from the waist down." Grover answered.

"Blaa-ha-ha! There are satyrs who would trample you underhoof for such an insult!"

"Whoa. Wait. Satyrs. You mean like ... Mr. Brunner's myths?"

"Were those old ladies at the fruit stand a myth, Percy? Was Mrs. Dodds a myth?"

"So you admit there was a Mrs. Dodds!"

"Of course."

"Then why-"

"The less you knew, the fewer monsters you'd attract," Grover said, like that should be perfectly obvious. "We put Mist over the humans' eyes. We hoped you'd think the Kindly One was a hallucination. But it was no good. You started to realize who you are."

"Who I-wait a minute, what do you mean?"

The weird bellowing noise rose up again somewhere behind us, closer than before. Whatever was chasing us was still on our trail.

"Percy," my mom said, "there's too much to explain and not enough time. We have to get you to safety."

"Safety from what? Who's after me?"

"Oh, nobody much," Grover said, obviously still miffed about the donkey comment. "Just the Lord of the Dead and a few of his blood-thirstiest minions."

"What what do you mean? ", I asked , slowly my brain trying to register what exactly was going on.

"Grover!"

"Sorry, Mrs. Jackson. Could you drive faster, please?"

The car took a sharp left turn and screeched loudly barely enough for us to hear anything.

Percy and Grover's conversation was still going on. Outside the sky rumbled and flashed with lightening. The sea roared and crashed its mighty waves against the sea-shore. It was as if the sea and the sky itself were at a deadly war. My brain was so tensed about that moment, I could hardly grasp what they were talking.

I was equally curious of what Grover had to say..
"Where's are we heading to ?", Percy asked. "To the summer camp I told you about. The place where your father wanted to send you. "

Summer camp? Our father wanted to send us to? What was it about? And why a summer camp? Something about last night's conversation? My mind raced with million thoughts...... There was no Camp I had heard about in New York. Then where would the summer camp be? And on top of all this weirdest things happening to us why a summer camp? I was probably getting mad, I supposed....

I was about to turn around to look at my brother, suddenly there was a blinding flash, a jaw-rattling boom!, and our car exploded.....