✿Chapter 1✿

『Her Innocence』

Every night before I went to bed, my father would tuck me in and read me a bedtime story. He'd read about a princess and a prince, about the dragon that tried to steal the princess. Whenever he was with me a smile was always evident on his face.

Most of the time my sister, Ayano, was somewhere off with our mom. Mom spent the most time with Ayano. It didn't bother me too much, since Ayano and I still loved each other dearly.

"Daddy, does mommy like Ayano more than me?"

I asked my father long ago. It didn't matter to me if she did or didn't, but I wanted time with my sister as well. I could tell he was, at first, shocked by the question. His body grew tense but only for a moment.

"A little princess. I-It's only because they have...SOMETHING in common"

"That they're both girls....?"

"No princess, you're a girl too"

"they both have black hair?" [If you have black hair ignore this]

"No"

"Then what daddy"

"Nothing princess....just, let's just get some dinner alright?"

"Okay!"

I remember how Ayano and I would walk to school together. In the end, I'd be swept away by my friends while she would walk to class alone. Of course I didn't know this until the end of the year, but it happened.

Ayano would come home mumbling 'It didn't work' or 'I didn't feel anything'. When I used to ask about it she would say she couldn't tell me, because she knows how much I hate violence. And, although I was worried I didn't want to pry.

Her and I are twins, fraternal twins that is. People would often doubt that I was even an Aishi at times, after talking to my sister. People would tell me how my eyes held the light of the sun, and Ayano's eyes held the shadow of the sun.

We were polar opposites, nothing alike in many different ways. She'd walk to school, and I'd skip right beside her. She'd sit near the back, and I'd sit in the front or middle depending on where my friends wanted to be.

Although mom and dad often got into fights about the two of us. It had gone as far as sending me to a whole other school, and keeping Ayano in the same. Since I didn't know anyone there I was deathly afraid of going.

But in the end I met my greatest friends, who are still with me today. It never mattered to me what other people would whisper about my friends, since I knew they were good. People would whisper the most about Kokona during middle school.