Eternity

Loki

I could see him. He was right there, but I couldn't reach him. No, the gem was forbidding it. I was so small, stuck in the dome, the cage of the Soul Gem. I placed my hands on the wall of stone, so close I started fogging the wall up. Oh my Perseus, the sunglasses he wore sliding off his face onto the ground below.

Walls of ice covered the holes that I knew were there. He was properly dressed, not in the bloody clothes from Hela, but his usual uniform. Although I'm not sure if he knew or not, but his shirt was on inside out. My silly husband probably refused help and did it himself. I'm lucky he remembered his pants, don't want anybody else ogling what's mine.

I was cut out of my thoughts when I heard the roar of Thanos. Immediately, his armies reacted and begun attacking with renewed force, drawing Perseus' allies away. He was alone facing Thanos again. The space gem flowed and in an instant, the monster had appeared before Perseus, swinging under his guard towards his face as an uppercut. I dug my fingers into the wall of the gem and infused my power with it.

Nothing happened, I grit my teeth, putting everything I had into this. My body in the Soul realm was now drenched in sweat at the power I exerted. It wasn't enough. Perseus had sensed Thanos actions and called upon the Power Gem, but he was too slow. Just as a wall of defense came up and my husband fell back, he was still punched. Perseus flew up into the air before flying back and falling through a portal made by Stephen Strange's people.

Thanos used the Space Gem again, reacting quicker than Perseus and gravity. The brunette came falling from the side out of the portal with his sword out, but was hit in the side with Thanos' dagger and thrown to the actual ground. I saw everyone on the battle field scream, but my husband just grit his teeth and jerked the blade out of his side, placing it in his belt.

I gave out a cry of pain for him, pounding my fists against the wall. I needed to reach him, I needed to get out. I sunk to the ground on my knees, trying to break the thick wall that separated us. Nothing happened.

Before my husband could get up, Thanos attacked. I gave a feral scream putting my entire being into the wall. It shook from my power and cracks formed, but still didn't give away. I watched the wall stay steady and promptly fell back onto the ground unable to keep my eyes open any longer.

Suddenly we were all flying. My eyes instinctively opened and I saw a wave of red slam into Thanos, forcing him away. My husband was still on his side on the ground, but his left arm was held up and fire was produced from it. A cold fury swam across his features as he got up and attacked once more.

With both hands on his sword, he sung it with all his might at the Gauntlet. Thanos automatically raised his arm to protect himself and Perseus' swing was met with a sickening crunch. Despite the sword sinking halfway into the arm, Thanos had swung his other and nailed my husband in his recent dagger wound.

Perseus lost his grip on his sword and was knocked onto his front. The sword was still stuck in Thanos' arm though. I looked at it determinedly, willing it to go deeper and cut off the arm. It slowly moved to my command, sawing Thanos' arm slowly off.

Thanos cried out in agony, raising his other arm to take it out. A huge red shield erupted in between before that could happen. Perseus was up again and bracing himself against the strength of Thanos to stop him from interfering with my magic.

Then he brought his knee up and nailed the monster in his jewels. Thanos bellowed in pain, doubling over. Perseus raised the shield to bring it down over Thanos head and neck, but before he could, Thanos tackled my husband to the ground. Perseus was now reduced to using all his strength and will to keep Thanos uninjured arm from closing around his neck.