Return of the Ant

***Five Year's Later***

Pietro

"No." I said, blocking the man who used to brand himself with America's flag way.

Steve Rodgers tried to push past me and step into the water, but I was too fast. I knocked him back onto the sand, not caring if I hurt him at all. The old hero was worn, I could see it in his eyes. He was tired of it all, but there was something else too. There was a light in them, a light I recognized as hope.

"Please, just let me speak to him." Captain America pleaded.

I shook my head, "He's not in the mood to talk."

Steve opened his mouth, but Percy's power backed me up by filling the mouth of the soldier. Steve gave up and backed away from the stirring waters. He held his hands up as I stepped back into the turf. Iron man landed next to Steve, looking back and forth between his teammate and I.

"What's going on? The kid not letting us through?" He spoke as bluntly as I remembered.

"Hey boys, just go get Thor and then try an talk to Perseus." Black Widow's voice ordered through their com link.

Both men sighed and did as they were told, walking along the shore to the village that Thor resided in. His Valkyrie friend was leading the Asgardian people more than he was, but they still settled by the sea where Perseus and Thor could keep in contact.

I felt the sea lapping at my ankles. I tapped my foot three times to tell Perseus I'll be down soon. I could see the rest of them in the distance. Perseus must have anticipated what I was thinking because the water opened a direct path back home in Atlantis.

I whispered a quick apology before zipping out of the water to confront the old team. I heard the water splash behind me, but I forgot about it as I came to a stop in front of everyone that was left besides the two headstrong men.

"Pietro?" Bruce asked in disbelief, "Is it really you?"

"I can say the same to you... you're bigger and greener than I remember." I retorted, looking the interesting fella up and down.

He grinned at me, "Hulk and I came to an agreement, the best of both worlds right here!"

"Just ignore him," the raccoon scoffed, "He's just a mix of everything right now, but whatever floats his boat."

"Where's Perseus?" Nebula cut in, her green sister coming up on her side.

I ignored the question, "why're you here? We said we were out. We don't need any more of your efforts to keep losing everything."

"Technically it was water boy's effort that made us lose everything, but who's counting?" Rocket spat.

In an instant I had him in my hands and was pushing him against the closest thing to a wall I found, cutting off his air. His small hands grabbed mine, a knife appearing in them. Blood was running down my hands, but I ignored the pain, anger filling me.

"Take it back." I demanded through clenched teeth, "It was not his fault."

"Well the only one left to blame is dead so you'll have to accept it is what it is." He growled.

"Zip it, rodent!" Nebula scowled, "you can't put it on him."

"Well I can agree with the talking raccoon," a brunette man said, "he was the only one with power over the stones."

The person who said that was new, I didn't recognize him. He wasn't from the original avengers, but he did look familiar so I must've known him from somewhere else. Either way, I was still defensive, they didn't know Perseus now and if they did they wouldn't be saying this stuff.