Waters End

Perseus

"Have we located him yet?" Natasha questioned the room.

Everyone shook their heads before inevitably turning towards me. I just shrugged. Somehow during the snap, Thanos managed to steady my life force and take the stones from me. I wasn't able to find them or use them. I'm not sure where I stood with them.

"Have no fear, iron man is here!" Tony announced walking in the room.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked him.

"I have found our purple nemesis." He stated somewhat proudly, heading towards the center computer, "See this power surge?"

A hologram appeared before us showing a wave of something emanating from Earth to the rest of the universe. I knew if we zoomed in, enough we would see me dooming the world. If I weren't immortal I would've lost my life during the snap, but I honestly wouldn't have minded. I lost so many people... I couldn't stop it. They're all gone because of me.

"What does it mean?" Pietro's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Well we've never seen this kind of thing before until a couple days ago here." Rocket explained.

"That's where he is." Nebula spoke up, "Father always spoke of a garden he would rest at after his mission was finished."

"Then let's go." Captain Marvel demanded.

She started stalking out the door. Gamora stopped her, standing tall in front. The others who were sitting rose up as well. Thor summoned his new hammer to his hand and Stark suited up instantly. I didn't bother getting up, almost all my nerves were fried and only the top half of my body had healed so far. My legs were weak, but I still wouldn't have stood.

"You can't just walk in like you own the place. Thanos is there with all of the stones, you don't know who else is there or if he's just expecting us. You'll just get killed." Gamora stated unimpressed by the she hero.

"The more time we waste the more time Thanos has to make things worse." Carol argued, pushing past my green friend, my green woman friend.

"Or you will!" Nebula rounded on her.

Next thing I know, everyone started arguing. The room got louder and louder, people stepped closer and closer. It was pissing me off. The final straw was when someone pushed Pietro. He and his sister looked up to me, I know they did and I just killed his sister.

"Enough!" I commanded.

The room went silent. I sighed and stood up, albeit shakily, and walked over to Pietro, putting a hand on his shoulder. He full on turned into me and gave me a tight hug. Small trembles, but no sobs. He is growing into a strong man.

"Suit up, we'll head over there and come up with precautions along the way." I strategized, "We know he has the stones, but the only hint of his actions is his idea of rest. Be prepared for everything."

***

Thor

I couldn't concentrate. We have him, we have Thanos vulnerable and surrounded. The play is in our hands, but here he is, this monster telling us that the only chance of bringing back my brother, my family is gone. I'm glad I chopped off his arm, he deserves it.

"Daughter." Thanos rumbled, shaking me out of my thoughts, "Perhaps I was too hard on you. I am sorry—"

Before he knew what had happened, Perseus surged forward and struck him deep in the heart. Thanos gasped looking wildly at Perseus who now had tears streaming down his face. He gurgled before his life was taken by Perseus' mighty sword.

My brother in law let go of his sword that was embedded to the hilt in Thanos' body. He stumbled back trembling and panting, I put a tentative hand on his shoulder. We were all too shocked to comprehend the quick death of our long time enemy. Perseus grabbed my hand on his shoulder and squeezed it tightly stumbling back another step.

Nebula stepped forward and gently closed Thanos' eyes, "What're we to do now?"

Stark stepped forward coming up on Perseus' other side, "Let's go back home. We'll figure it out there."

"Yeah." Captain America agreed, "There has to be another way."

Perseus shook his head, "No, there isn't. I'm sorry, I'm out."

He shook my hand off and turned away from us all. His sword stayed in Thanos' body and he started to leave us, all he has left was us. Now he was leaving. I couldn't allow that to happen, he was all I had. He is my brother and I will not let him go alone.

"Me too." I announced, "I'm with Perseus. I'm sorry, my friends. I must be with my brother."

"Wait!" Captain Marvel ordered, her anger building, "You can't leave!"

Perseus didn't answer, but I did, "I'm sorry Lady Marvel, but it's over."

"I'm going too." Pietro suddenly input, jogging to Perseus' side.

Perseus stopped, "No you're not. I ruined your life enough, stay with the Avengers. They can be there for you."

Pietro frowned, stepping in front of Perseus, "Don't leave me. You're all I have left."

Perseus sighed,"I'm sorry. You deserve more."

Perseus continued to walk, but when Pietro started to follow Perseus put his hand to his chest to stop him. When the silver headed boy didn't stop, the two looked at each. Slowly Perseus' hand fell and the two walked out of the hut together.

I gave one last look to the remaining people. The two daughters of Thanos, the talking stuffed animal, my friends the avengers, and the glowing woman. I shook my head sadly when Steve and Tony looked at me in hope. I grabbed my newly made hammer and followed my brother and his newly adopted person to the ship.

The trip back was in silence. A solemn mood had overcome the entire ship and silent mourning was filling the room. I sat by Perseus who had a sleeping Pietro leaning against him. He played with the band on his finger, twirling it around and around. When I plopped down onto the seat, the brunette didn't even look up.

"Where to now, Perseus?" I asked him.

He sighed, fiddling with the ring some more before whispering, "Atlantis."

To be continued...
08/01/19