Chapter 13:

Chapter 13:

2 years later.....

Aptitude Test day.....

Abby's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is the day. The day that I choose my whole life. I make sure I look nice but not to nice. Abnegation is not suppose to look that way.

"You nervous?" Caleb asks. "No you?" I ask him. "Of caurse I am!" He says with a grin.

The aptitude test......

Abby's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk into the room that I will take the aptitude test. The walls are mirrors. All I see is myself, a chair, and another woman. I walk toward her. "Sit" she says. So I sat. "I'm going to inject you with a serum. You will fall asleep. When you wake up you will not be here. But you will come back don't worry." She says. I nod. "My names Tori. Here it goes." She says.

~~~~~~~~~

When my eyes open, an instant has passed, but I'm somewhere else. I stand in the school cafeteria but all the tables are empty. On the table in front of me are two baskets. In one is a chunk of cheese and in the other, a knife about the length of my forearm.

Behind me a woman's voice says, "Choose." "Why?" I ask. "Choose" she repeats. I look over my shoulder, but no one is there. I turn back to the baskets. "What will I do with them?" "Choose!" She yells. When she screams at me, my fear disappears and stubbornness replaces it. I cross my arms. "Have it your way then!" She says. Then the baskets disappear. I hear a door squeak open. I turn around to find a dog at the door. A few yards away from me. It crouches low and creeps toward me. A growl gurgles from deep in its throat, and now I see why the cheese would've came in handy. Or the knife. But it's to late now.

I think about running, but the dog would be faster than me. I cant beat it to the ground. My head pounds. Have have to do something. The dog snarls, and I can almost feel the sound vibrating in my skull. My biology textbook said that dogs can smell fear because of a chemic secreted by human glands. Smelling fear leads them to attack. The dog inches toward me. I can't run. I can't fight.

My breaths are loud but steady. I sink to my knees. It's the last thing I want to do but it's the best option I have. I stretch my legs out behind me and lean on my elbows. The dog is getting near my face. Closer and closer. It barks in my ear and I clench my teeth to keep from screaming. Before I know I feel the dogs wet tongue lick my face. The growling has stopped. My head somehow hits the ground. I wake to sweaty palms. I turn my head to see Tori behind me. She walks out the door. "I'll be back" she says.

Finally the door opens, and Tori walks back in. She looks tense and pale. "Abby, your results are inconclusive" she says.

"Typically, the simulation eliminates one or more of the factions, but in your case, only two have been ruled out." She says. "So you have no idea what my test results are?" I ask. My throat is so tight it's hard to talk. "Yes and no" she says. "People who get this kind of result are...." She looks behind her to make sure no one is there. ".... Are called.... Divergent." She says the last word so quietly that I almost didn't hear it. She leans close to me. "Abby, under no circumstances should you share that information with anyone. This is very important." She says "Okay" I say back. "I suggest you go and think about this." She says. "I have to tell my brother where I'm going," I say. "I'll let him know" she says. I walk out if the room. I can't bear to think about the choosing ceremony tomorrow. It's my choice now, no matter what the test says. Abnegation. Dauntless. Erudite. ........... Divergent.

(A/N: Sorry about the long chapter!! :) Byee!!)